Track IR vs Tobii 4c Issues - Workaround now, and improvement coming in a future build

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tygaStrike
x4

Track IR vs Tobii 4c Issues - Workaround now, and improvement coming in a future build

Post by tygaStrike » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 22:46

I have the steam version of x4 patch 2.5. I have tobii 4c and track ir. after the last patch track IR is no longer working but tobii is if I turn it on. I don't usually use tobii for this game and its switched off in my system.

My question is how do I get track ir working again? Is there some setting I missed to switch it on now in this 2.5 patch? Everything was working fine before

Help please!!!... :rant:

Thanks

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Track IR vs Tobii 4c Issues

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 10:21

We do support TrackIR. What is happening is that you have two "vr-like" devices, and X4 only supports 1 active device, so the game does a "best-guess" at startup and selects Tobii.

There should be a commandline-parameter to force another device, but unfortunately this is currently only supported in XRebirth-VR. I'll update X4 to also support this parameter.
This change will then be in one of the next builds of X4 (note: this might not necessarily be the very next build!) -> look for a changelog entry "support forcehmd commandline parameter".
With that version, you can then run "X4.exe -forcehmd trackir" to force selection of trackir.

What you can do in the meanwhile to work around the issue, is to unplug tobii from your usb-port (so it's not detected) in which case the game will select trackIR.

Ishmair
x4

Re: Track IR vs Tobii 4c Issues - Workaround now, and improvement coming in a future build

Post by Ishmair » Wed, 25. Dec 19, 16:27

I'm having problems with the game detecting my tobii eyex. how do I force it to use the tobii eyex. dont have tackir and everything is up to data.

fjabulka
x4

Re: Track IR vs Tobii 4c Issues - Workaround now, and improvement coming in a future build

Post by fjabulka » Tue, 7. Apr 20, 07:46

Sorry to necro this a second time, but it's the only place I found something similar to my problem.

I have the same setup as the thread starter. TrackIR + Tobii 4C.

When I start the game with both, even the Tobii being "OFF" it was detected, TrackIR was not.

So then I found this thread and discovered about the command that might help me, "-forcehmd trackir".
Made sure to see if it was in the change log, tried it, and no joy, nothing detected.
Then I unplugged the Tobii and stopped the Tobii service. I'm not gonna use it, so why leave it on, right?
But to my surprise, TrackIR was still not detected.

OK, I'm not sure if command is correct, I could't find the actual options for it.
Only the patch note: "Added 'forcehmd' command line parameter for head tracking systems."

And also, not sure if putting the command on the Steam parameters has any effect, has happened to other games...
I checked Task Manager and the command was there though.

Finally, just to be sure, I used my TrackIR in Star Citizen, Arma 3 and War Thunder, all working fine.

So I'm at a loss, any help to get the TrackIR working is greatly appreciated!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”