Track IR vs Tobii 4c Issues - Workaround now, and improvement coming in a future build

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

tygaStrike
x4

Track IR vs Tobii 4c Issues - Workaround now, and improvement coming in a future build

Post by tygaStrike » Thu, 13. Jun 19, 22:46

I have the steam version of x4 patch 2.5. I have tobii 4c and track ir. after the last patch track IR is no longer working but tobii is if I turn it on. I don't usually use tobii for this game and its switched off in my system.

My question is how do I get track ir working again? Is there some setting I missed to switch it on now in this 2.5 patch? Everything was working fine before

Help please!!!... :rant:

Thanks

rboerdijk
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Track IR vs Tobii 4c Issues

Post by rboerdijk » Fri, 14. Jun 19, 10:21

We do support TrackIR. What is happening is that you have two "vr-like" devices, and X4 only supports 1 active device, so the game does a "best-guess" at startup and selects Tobii.

There should be a commandline-parameter to force another device, but unfortunately this is currently only supported in XRebirth-VR. I'll update X4 to also support this parameter.
This change will then be in one of the next builds of X4 (note: this might not necessarily be the very next build!) -> look for a changelog entry "support forcehmd commandline parameter".
With that version, you can then run "X4.exe -forcehmd trackir" to force selection of trackir.

What you can do in the meanwhile to work around the issue, is to unplug tobii from your usb-port (so it's not detected) in which case the game will select trackIR.

Ishmair
x4

Re: Track IR vs Tobii 4c Issues - Workaround now, and improvement coming in a future build

Post by Ishmair » Wed, 25. Dec 19, 17:27

I'm having problems with the game detecting my tobii eyex. how do I force it to use the tobii eyex. dont have tackir and everything is up to data.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”