Player-owned ships with many queued orders murder map framerate

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

steve_v
x4

Player-owned ships with many queued orders murder map framerate

Post by steve_v » Fri, 7. Jun 19, 17:25

The suggested workaround for the (still!) broken explore command, queuing multiple fly-to commands, utterly murders map-view framerate when the ship in question is selected or the show orders filter is on.

I see a 20FPS difference in the already horrific map framerate with the ship selected/unselected, and it only has fly-to orders to explore 6 sectors in a spiral pattern...

Long order lists like this also cause elements of said list to be displaced all over the screen when dragging the scrollbars, but then the game does that when with every scrollable list-view anyway.

We're not doing something properly retarded like scanning all the order queues every frame, are we?
That's what it smells like to me, please tell me it isn't so.

Apologies for the crappiness of this rant, I can't alt-tab out of the game without it screwing up so I'm posting from my mobile. The bugs, the bugs. Version 2.5 my ass.

So, what's the workaround for the problems this workaround introduces?

Ed. Many queued orders also disable the buttons at the top of the info pane for that ship making it impossible to switch between the general info and behaviour tabs, and the log spams variations on this constantly:

Code: Select all

Widget system error. Already displaying 150 buttons. Cannot display more. Button in table cell 44/6 will be skipped.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”