[BUG] Any version - Planets slow to render when entering sector - Much improved in 4.10 b1.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: [BUG] Any version - Planets slow to render when entering sector

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 15. Jun 21, 02:23

@Egosoft

:xenon: (This site really needs a Firework emote for ancient bug fixes)

V4.10 Beta 1 HotFix 1

Current laptop specifications :

Laptop Dell G7 7590 : Win 10 x64
CPU 9th Gen' Core I7 9750H <= 4.5ghz,
GPU NVidia Geforce GTX 1650, VRAM 4gb GDDR5,
RAM Corsair Vengeance 32gb (2x16gb Dual Channel) DDR4 2666mhz,
Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVME 500gb + Dell 512gb SSDs' (both Internal)

Its not minimum spec', but being a laptop it is less capable than a Desktop equivalent spec machine, and so probably in the vicinity of medium published game specifications.

NVidia Drivers = 466.63 (I know I just noticed 466.77 is available, will update shortly before anymore reports)

This bug report issue is 99.9% solved with this beta.

I just had 45 minutes running my old save, flying in a Geometric Owl with a 3 Star pilot driving and me standing behind him, and commanding the ship via the map to "Fly to" various locations at opposite ends of the map. COH is installed and the map fully revealed, I am at the stage of helping the Yaki to get rid of the Xenon in their sector, so its quite an advanced game playthrough ..

The improvement to the games performance loading the next sectors game resources (planet textures) is remarkably improved.
Most sectors are instantly loaded with barely perceptible loading of textures in the busiest of sectors.

Having criss crossed the X'verse with my flight path, the pilot mostly using Highways and fast travel through gates, I have only seen one instance of a planet looking like a Polo Mint (White with a hole in the middle as previously shown in this topic), and on that one instance it was roughly for half a second (unlike previously when I could count up to 5 seconds on some occasions before the full planet textures had loaded).

Excellent job on refining the loading balance :thumb_up:

Before trying this beta out I had noticed Bernd's topic here :
The following, seemingly unremarkable point is also very critical and requires a lot of testing. The new improved graphics engine should now be able to cope better with systems that are at the lower end of our hardware requirements. However, even with better systems, there are still customers where the game stops with "device lost" messages. Here, 4.10 will change a lot. Unfortunately, every change brings with it the danger of new problems. We are currently testing this intensively.
  • Improved asset pre-loading on GPUs with high memory capacity.
    Improved asset streaming on GPUs with low memory capacity.
Will continue testing, but from what I have seen so far all I can say is WOW!, what a difference.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”