[1.32] Defending yourself against attacking pirates is illegal and you will be killed by the local faction for it

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Archaeosis
x4

[1.32] Defending yourself against attacking pirates is illegal and you will be killed by the local faction for it

Post by Archaeosis » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 17:36

If you have a ship attacked by pirates and then shoot back at them the local sector security will kill you for it

I had a medium trader attacked by a disguised argon pirate fighter, scanned him to reveal they were a scale plate pirate, and then shot back at them after they shot me

The local argon destroyer went hostile for unauthorised attack and then unauthorised kill and got in a huge fight with my local capital ship with my entire docked fleet

Could this be fixed sometime please? If pirates attack our ships at least make them default to criminal or something.

Meescha
x4

Re: [1.32] Defending yourself against attacking pirates is illegal and you will be killed by the local faction for it

Post by Meescha » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 02:06

im having the same problem, i have fighters assigned to my tradeships, and they started getting destroyed and i loose reputation for unautherized kill. my ships are set to attack pirates when harrassed. id really like this issue to be fixed. i hate loosing rep when im trying to gain rep.

Dakota-
x4

Re: [1.32] Defending yourself against attacking pirates is illegal and you will be killed by the local faction for it

Post by Dakota- » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 02:31

I've had the same problem since X3.

albanana

Post by albanana » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 17:05

Did you aquire the police license for the local faction ?
If i shot criminals (ship text also in red) before that, i naturally got flagged
by the local faction and lost rep with them.

Murtagh21
x4

Post by Murtagh21 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 04:03

Yeah, I am now enemies with HAT for defending myself from pirates. Have they said if this is how its supposed to be and factions protect their own pirates or is it a confirmed bug?

siath70
x4

Post by siath70 » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 06:08

SCA will change their IFF to another faction in the middle of a fight and cause you to lose rep/go hostile with that faction.

To me that is a bug and it needs fixed, if SCA has already been IDed as SCA they should not be able to swap IFF in the middle of a fight with you.

waadaa85
x4

Post by waadaa85 » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 21:43

siath70 wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 06:08
SCA will change their IFF to another faction in the middle of a fight and cause you to lose rep/go hostile with that faction.

To me that is a bug and it needs fixed, if SCA has already been IDed as SCA they should not be able to swap IFF in the middle of a fight with you.
Same bug and still not resolved with 5.10. in my Vanilla game, I got a pirate vessel identified as PIO attacking my freighters. When I engaged it, it dropped several turrets to cover its escape. Finally caught the pirate and destroyed it (including its escape pods for good measure) but I'd reached -20 reputation with Free Families (which I had a 27 reputation level before the engagement by destroying a PIO pirate ship AND its turrets :x !!
WaaDaa

"Station Administration would like to remind you to keep the children away from the airlocks"

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 23. Sep 22, 22:00

No that is not the same bug as your pirate is showing another faction *before* attacking which is by intent. This old thread is about pirates already unmasked as SCA but *later* changing to another faction after initial and ongoing engagement. Please do not resurrect very old version threads as they are most likely referring to outdated gameplay and issue situations. Feel free to start your own new thread if you think you still have a game issue in the current version.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”