Repair Data Leak or Signal Leak inaccessible

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cTrix
x4

Repair Data Leak or Signal Leak inaccessible

Post by cTrix » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 13:32

I got a quest to fix dataleaks and this is where the mission lead me.
If tried flying around and getting inside it's not possible. It's literally inside that circular thing, I triangulated it.

https://i.gyazo.com/b3bc312ef89b218d398 ... 964e8f.jpg

I also, on a different station, got a dataleak that spawned on the inside of the wall on a station, but there was a broken module connection next to it so I could glitch my way inside and repair it.
Last edited by Terre on Fri, 3. Apr 20, 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

Legionnaire
x4

Re: Repair Data Leak inaccessible

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 13:58

Had this a few times, also the red flashing dots are often hidden inside stations making it impossible to get 100% scans and blueprints from some stations. Its as if the interactive parts are connecting to a skeleton on the inside of the station, rather than the external body of the station, and in some locations they are not large enough to protrude far enough to be scanned.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

cTrix
x4

Post by cTrix » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:20

It seems to me more like they attached to the inside of the wall rather than the outside.

langewapper

Post by langewapper » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 15:28

Still have that problem i suppose the issue could be solved easely if the leaks can be read from 10M instead of the 4 now
langewapper

docwho83
x4

Post by docwho83 » Tue, 1. Jan 19, 10:04

Game steam 1.5 {BUG}
Both the normal data leaks that should show up on the out side. And the Player created version from the EMP also sometimes form on the inside wall of the station. The player created version for me has always had one of the 4 inside so I have to break the game to get this last part.

I have now seen the audio version also be on the inside as well.

Unmodified play and modified both are doing it. so it is in the code to create that is the problem.

I have found it a little easier at times to use a med size ship. They will let you scan up to about 40m out. But my normal ship is one of the small start ships.
My Mods
RepairLasers Player controlled drone Also on steam
[Minefield] fell affliction minefield removed Also on steam
[Buildmodule] add research for buildmodule leak steals

Umbru
x4

Post by Umbru » Sun, 3. Nov 19, 17:03

Reviving this thread as problem seems to still be happening as of 2.6 HF1
Screen shot https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1905638829

save game : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mWpQL ... aSfe_tW9rB

Umbru
x4

Post by Umbru » Fri, 8. Nov 19, 02:16

Starting to feel lime more data leaks are inaccessible than otherwise here is another screenshot and another save game.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... B1DC9F138/

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18Jyf9 ... vGgwqBpic6

I guess this is going to be my pet bug... I'll call it Dave.

DogeKitteh007
x4

Post by DogeKitteh007 » Sun, 9. Feb 20, 08:31

Also having this problem. Been banging my suit against a station for the last 15 mins. Possible to fix this, Egosoft? :<

simballine
x4

Post by simballine » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 00:19

Still having this problem as of 3.0 + Split Release.

Unless there's some secret tunnel into the inside of the space station (which I don't think is the case).

LennStar
x4

Post by LennStar » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 19:22

simballine wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 00:19
Still having this problem as of 3.0 + Split Release.

Unless there's some secret tunnel into the inside of the space station (which I don't think is the case).
It was stated that the Devs need a save to investigate this.
:idea: BUG REPORT INFO: I play X4 vanilla. You can find all my bug report files in there:
All X4 files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/83j3cjfhkdlf ... w6HLa?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 19:28

I think the devs know all about this but that there is no trivial fix to stop the leak spawning mechanism occasionally choosing the wrong surface or structure to spawn on.

There are vanilla (but cheaty) ways to try to get around this. Sometimes you can gently nudge your ship or spacesuit into a large flat station surface close to the leak and get through the surface to then fly inside the structure and scan the leak. Other times you can nudge your spacesuit sideways up against the outer surface and gently roll it and so clip through the surface to see eaxctly where the leak is.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ranix
x4

[ALL VERSIONS] Signal Sources spawn sideways, upside down, or buried in structure and inaccessible

Post by Ranix » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 21:08

PLEASE FIX, this has been a problem since like the very first update and I am very disappointed to see it entirely unaddressed in 3.0.

Ranix
x4

Post by Ranix » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 21:12

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 19:28
I think the devs know all about this but that there is no trivial fix to stop the leak spawning mechanism occasionally choosing the wrong surface or structure to spawn on.
for every station module there should be specified places the leaks spawn on if the original plan of spawning randomly anywhere on the surface is infeasible. Designate one to three possible locations for each module that will always be accessible and choose randomly between them. That will take a little leg work but it's a major feature and a major part of the game and it's extremely disappointing to see no fixes for this for well over a year.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 21:58

Even that does not cater for all the different possible combinations of how station modules can fit together and alongside each other. Example, in X Rebirth there were often cases where the Info scan point for a module was inside an adjacent or joining module connector in *some* situations. Yes, it might be better for say 80% of circumstances, though not infallible.

Ranix
x4

Re: Repair Data Leak or Signal Leak inaccessible

Post by Ranix » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 22:09

regardless it needs to be addressed and there are possible solutions. It's totally ridiculous for the signal sources to be spawning backwards inside-out and upside-down and floating in the middle of nowhere

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 3. Apr 20, 22:10

I'm sure it's on their list, somewhere. :D

KOUSHUIHAN
x4

[3.1 beta steam win10][Bug] Signal leaks are inside buildings

Post by KOUSHUIHAN » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 07:30

Accepted a signal leak reapir mission, found it unable to reach 2 signal leaks, upload my save herehttps://files.fm/u/5hmnp4wt. For me I just abort the mission, but I hope you guys know this issue.

Mr.Killer
x4

Post by Mr.Killer » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 11:37

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 22:10
I'm sure it's on their list, somewhere. :D
I love it how you respond... see it as a list written down on a big toilet paper roll, that what is written on the roll goes down, and then you follow the roll, seeing it ended in the toilet where crap needs wiping off.... :D :D :D :D

Love analogies!

but, this problem is fixable, just get another command in there that when a spot is unreachable, there can be given a command to that specific station (as I assume here that stations are the problem spot) that the leak is unfixable. No bonus, no money, leak just stops.... sending Egosoft a precise spot where it happened.
But then people yell PRIVACY !!!!, and yes, I say, go play tic-tac-toe and not X4 if you don't want to help the devs out here...
And it is a far better solution than sifting through all those different save games and screenshots. :P

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 6. Dec 20, 12:43

Anything is fixable with enough spare time and resources. :D I'm sure that if there were a quick/easy fix, the devs would have done it by now. Let's hope it gets further dev attention someday. Tailored bespoke solutions per player encounter are not really the answer.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Tue, 8. Dec 20, 08:09

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 3. Apr 20, 19:28
Is it some internal library restriction that makes it hard? In general it shouldn't be a hard problem to fix, or at least reduce the chance by an order of magnitude or two.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”