Repair Data Leak or Signal Leak inaccessible

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sattler_Norbert
x4

Re: Repair Data Leak or Signal Leak inaccessible

Post by Sattler_Norbert » Fri, 19. Mar 21, 09:03

The problem existed since the very launch of the game and it is STILL here to this day in 4.0
And it's not rare either. At least 25% of all data leaks in my game point side-way or inward from the hull segment they are on and while only very few are so far inside as to not be scannable by ship, most of them become unscannable by space-suit.
With the atrociously low chance to get blueprints when scanning in your ship, instead of the suit this is a massive bother.

It's been literally YEARS!
PLEASE fix this issue, or at least increase the scan-radius for space-suits as a workaround.

Dusty Shoe
x4

4.0 HF1 Siganal leaks inside station geometry.

Post by Dusty Shoe » Sat, 20. Mar 21, 20:28

Hello.

It is probably a dead horse by now, but i will keep beating it... When we will get signal leaks fixed? It's been 2 and a half years already! :rant: C'mon Egosoft...

I really enjoy the game and appreciate return to the roots of X Franchise. The game is playable, but still a buggy mess sometimes :cry:

Atlay

Post by Atlay » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:49

+1 for this

My COH 4.0 restart is now stalled as the signal needed to progress the Split story is inside the wall of station and inaccessible. Depressing to see this is a 2+ year old bug.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:55

@ Atlay: I don't know why you jumped in with a +1 post (that we discourage in Tech Sp) as the COH plot start issue was fixed in 4.00 HF2 which has been released:

* Fixed data leaks sometimes spawning in centre of station during Pioneer gamestart mission.

Even general signal leak access has been improved since '2+ years' ago as they now appear on little 'floating platforns' that are generally spaced quite well outside the station walls. That is the problem with resurrection of old version threads.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Atlay

Post by Atlay » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 09:29

Hi Alan.

I always search for similar issues before posting a duplicate, and this thread describes the exact symptoms I have, hence the +1. Apologies if this is inappropriate, but generally duplicate bug reports are too. As I said, this is a Split Vendetta quest step, so not fixed by COH HF.

My save is broken, I cannot progress, so I've uninstalled and will play something else. Thanks for your time.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 30. Mar 21, 09:47

If you have a save that you feel is broken then uploading it somewhere and providing a link, so that we can take a look, would give the best chance of the problem actually being solved. Please also note that the fixes in the 4.00 release notes relate to all parts of the game, not just CoH.

thijso

Post by thijso » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 11:13

Alan Phipps wrote:
Mon, 29. Mar 21, 18:55
Even general signal leak access has been improved since '2+ years' ago as they now appear on little 'floating platforns' that are generally spaced quite well outside the station walls. That is the problem with resurrection of old version threads.
I don't agree with this at all. The problem with signal leaks not being accessible is still there. In my current game more than half of them are oriented sideways or even completely the wrong way around, leaving the red flashing area out of my reach completely. It's even worse now, as apparently in 4.0 you're unable to glitch into the station with your spacesuit. That was the way to still get the blueprint station leaks pre-4.0. So they fixed one issue and made it nearly impossible to get station blueprints now. Good work, Egosoft. Not.
The mission leaks are always fine (as far as I have seen), so why is it so hard to get the blueprint leaks to be usable?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 10. Jun 21, 12:00

@ thijso: Err .. why are you quoting and not agreeing with my words about the change to signal leaks (sparking things on little platforms now) and then complaining about data leaks (red flashing blobs)? :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

thijso

Post by thijso » Fri, 11. Jun 21, 23:51

Because the topic of this thread is "Repair Data Leak or Signal Leak inaccessible". But you're right about the signal leaks. I should have read your comment better.

But it really is frustrating. If there's one thing that annoys me regularly while playing X4 it's this. Just now I had another three (3!) data leaks in a row that were inaccessible from my spacesuit. With the spaceship of course I just get the stupid discounts.

This is really something that should have been fixed ages ago.

Silvrav
x4

Post by Silvrav » Fri, 20. Aug 21, 23:49

Recently returned to X4 after about a year and this is unfortunately still happening :( signal number 15 and counting being inside the station. Does anyone know a mod that fixes it?
Can the devs not just increase the scanning range of the spacesuit so at least we can still scan these?

https://i.imgur.com/ROgWQnw.jpg
Last edited by CBJ on Sat, 21. Aug 21, 00:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized image replaced with link

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”