1.30 AutoTrader still not leaving starting system

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Orthanc
x4

1.30 AutoTrader still not leaving starting system

Post by Orthanc » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:26

My autotrader (galaxy) still rather ferries around 2 hull components than to bring 1000 microchips next door. :( ples fix. And also the visit known stations and explore commands are still broken as hell

VincentTH
x4

Re: 1.30 AutoTrader still not leaving starting system

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:31

Orthanc wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:26
My autotrader (galaxy) still rather ferries around 2 hull components than to bring 1000 microchips next door. :( ples fix. And also the visit known stations and explore commands are still broken as hell
If the ship was an abandoned ship, then see my thread down below. All my traders that I bought from SHipyard work fine (Miner and traders). Those that I claimed from abandoned ships don't work.

Orthanc
x4

Post by Orthanc » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:37

VincentTH wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:31
Orthanc wrote:
If the ship was an abandoned ship, then see my thread down below. All my traders that I bought from SHipyard work fine (Miner and traders). Those that I claimed from abandoned ships don't work.
No, they are freshly bought after 1.30. I won't start another game right now just because of that. My time is limited and sinking another amount of these hours to get back to my current state is just not flying with me. Maybe I'll revist the game in v 3.4 or so. In it's current state it is absolute garbage with rushed patches that only work right half of the time.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:57

Orthanc wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:37
VincentTH wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 00:31
Orthanc wrote:
No, they are freshly bought after 1.30. I won't start another game right now just because of that. My time is limited and sinking another amount of these hours to get back to my current state is just not flying with me. Maybe I'll revist the game in v 3.4 or so. In it's current state it is absolute garbage with rushed patches that only work right half of the time.
Did you go to the Behaviour tab (from Information), and change the Default Behaviour to Trading, and change the radius of trading to cover where those 1000 uCHips are, and place a satelite right next to that station that wants to sell those 1000 uChip??

Orthanc
x4

Post by Orthanc » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:03

Yes, tried both, the default behaviour as well as right click auto-trade (galaxy). Satellites are deployed, I have a small ship running around updateing prices (manually though as the script does not work) and it is a 4 star captain with a range of 28. I am just really fed up by now. All of the core mechanics are broken. Trade, exploration, fighting. Nothing works.

nightphreak
x4

Post by nightphreak » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:12

when you right click to bring up a menu do you get "Proceed with current orders" listed there?

Orthanc
x4

Post by Orthanc » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:19

No they have their orders. I can see the Auto Trade pop up in their Information windows. And then the execute trade pairs of buy and sell. Everything works, apart from them doing sane trades.

nightphreak
x4

Post by nightphreak » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 01:51

something i just noticed started a new game, set my trading ship to auto trade for station and it just hovered over the station, checked it out, it did not have the skills for auto trading so docked it up , my station manager had piloting 3 so i swapped them out put the trader pilot on the station and the station manager on the ship and it started trading, maybe the pilot isn't skilled enough for the auto trading? just read your last post, try removing them from the ship and add them back to it again, just spent about 5 minutes trying to get my auto trader to work properly

nightphreak
x4

Post by nightphreak » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:06

you can remove the items they are trading from the auto trader so they no longer trade them, or just have them trade the items you want.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 05:59

I can confim that auto trader is broken. I have a captured ship auto trade and it will not leave the sector and only buy goods ffor 8000 credits and sell them for 9000. So, completely useless.

NYGK

Post by NYGK » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 17:37

Same here!! :evil:

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:52

ApoxNM wrote:
Sat, 8. Dec 18, 05:59
I can confim that auto trader is broken. I have a captured ship auto trade and it will not leave the sector and only buy goods ffor 8000 credits and sell them for 9000. So, completely useless.
Captured ships and claimed abandoned freighters are bugged. The only solution for me us to strip and sell them, then use the proceeds to buy the same ship for autotrade. Captured fighters work fine.

It appears that cspturef/claimed ships are set to fighter type by default, and can't trade nor mine.
The real reason for the behaviour is may be your pilot is not level 3 or above. At level 2 or below, autotrade is disabled. Also, the marine that captures the ship is not an experienced pilot, and you can't easily fire him to hire a new / real pilot that can trade.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 00:15

VincentTH wrote:
Sun, 9. Dec 18, 19:52
ApoxNM wrote:
Captured ships and claimed abandoned freighters are bugged. The only solution for me us to strip and sell them, then use the proceeds to buy the same ship for autotrade. Captured fighters work fine.

It appears that cspturef/claimed ships are set to fighter type by default, and can't trade nor mine.
The real reason for the behaviour is may be your pilot is not level 3 or above. At level 2 or below, autotrade is disabled. Also, the marine that captures the ship is not an experienced pilot, and you can't easily fire him to hire a new / real pilot that can trade.
Nope, I tried it with a newly purchased ship, same effect.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 03:22

ApoxNM wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 00:15
VincentTH wrote:
ApoxNM wrote:

What level is your pilot, and did you set the Default Behaviour for the pilot to AutoTrade, and set a list of wares you want him to trade? It works for me.
Since I cannot easily fire the pilot, I would save before building the ship, and then check his level. If it is 2 or less, I reload and try again. Shame on me, but it is absurd that as an owner, I was denied the right to fire him (the pilot) and hire someone better.

ApoxNM
x4

Post by ApoxNM » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 10:11

VincentTH wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 03:22
ApoxNM wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 00:15
VincentTH wrote:

What level is your pilot, and did you set the Default Behaviour for the pilot to AutoTrade, and set a list of wares you want him to trade? It works for me.
Since I cannot easily fire the pilot, I would save before building the ship, and then check his level. If it is 2 or less, I reload and try again. Shame on me, but it is absurd that as an owner, I was denied the right to fire him (the pilot) and hire someone better.
As I have stated repeatedly, it's bugged! The pilot had 4 stars, as I have also stated repeatedly.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 16:39

Sorry, I was just trying to help.

Silly question, I know: Do you have an extensive network of satellites around stations you want your trader to trade?

I ha e 4 Peggy's dropping satellites everywhere, cuz traders wo t trade without satellites telling what the pricrs are, and inlike previous X games, their range is like 20km !!!

TMCrimeZ
x4

Post by TMCrimeZ » Mon, 10. Dec 18, 19:46

I had a similar issue with a huge trader 55000 space. I put it on default trading and selected alot of wares (would be nice a select all button..) Set it on 9 sectore selling and buying. And it went for 100 hull parts and sold it in the same system. So yeah ok w/e first run. But after a few hours i decided to check how it was doing. And it was still going for the same 2 stations over and over again. I'm like dude you got all this space, USE IT. So i order it to go 3 sectors down and let it default with the same settings. Does that SILLY captain decide to repeat the same order AGAIN. So I sent it 9 sectors down and it shouldnt be able to go back to that sector. BUT NOoooooo, it still goes back to that same drug like ferry between stations. Oh yes i removed all orders mutliple times. Now I put it on auto trade (galaxy) and it finally let go of the linehaul!!! hurray. :lol:

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 02:36

Yes. All kinds of traders are still not leaving the system despite very large trades available. Same with station traders regardless of whether they are 1 star or 3 star.

Romeo
x4

Post by Romeo » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 04:03

TMCrimeZ wrote:
Mon, 10. Dec 18, 19:46
I had a similar issue with a huge trader 55000 space. I put it on default trading and selected alot of wares (would be nice a select all button..) Set it on 9 sectore selling and buying. And it went for 100 hull parts and sold it in the same system. So yeah ok w/e first run. But after a few hours i decided to check how it was doing. And it was still going for the same 2 stations over and over again. I'm like dude you got all this space, USE IT. So i order it to go 3 sectors down and let it default with the same settings. Does that SILLY captain decide to repeat the same order AGAIN. So I sent it 9 sectors down and it shouldnt be able to go back to that sector. BUT NOoooooo, it still goes back to that same drug like ferry between stations. Oh yes i removed all orders mutliple times. Now I put it on auto trade (galaxy) and it finally let go of the linehaul!!! hurray. :lol:
I've noticed that autotraders and autominers always have a "home" sector that they will anchor themselves to. So even if you order them to fly to another sector very far away, they will always fly all the way back home to go back to mining or trading in their home sweet home sector.

To change the home sector, I had to change their default order back to Hold Position, fly them to their new home, and then set their default order back to automine or autotrade. I think the home sector is applied when you click Confirm on the new default order.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 04:21

They might have a home sector, but I've watched these three star traders sit around idle for 5+ minutes while there huge gains to be made at specific stations only one hop away to be delivered to the player's station! When they finally do move again, they almost invariably do some small pointless trade in-system.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”