1.30 BUG Stuck in teleporter

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SGBL
x4

1.30 BUG Stuck in teleporter

Post by SGBL » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:17

i have to collect buy stuff in a station for the story.
there is in the teleporter a point named Trade... if i use this destination the teleporte close door a sound
is to hear and the music changes. after that the door keeps closed and the panel cant be activated again.
if i try to load a savegame the loadingbar stops at 98% noting else happens.
if i return to mainmenue and load a savegame from there it load until 98% and the same happens

Phirmware
x4

Re: Stuck in teleporter

Post by Phirmware » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:25

Having the same issue, posted about it as well.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: Stuck in teleporter

Post by euclid » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:33

Hi SGBL and Phirmware :-)

I'm sorry to learn that you both have trouble with the transporter. Could you please provide details at which station (system) did that happen?

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

harbertown
x3ap

Re: 1.30 BUG Stuck in teleporter

Post by harbertown » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 21:59

I have had this happen as well. I tried to go to a few places on the transporter and got locked inside and I was not able to access the doors or the transporter panel afterwards.

The station is PAR Paranid Wharf in Trinity Sanctum 3

Phirmware
x4

Post by Phirmware » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 22:27

I am currently in Grand Exchange III.

I have had this issue in several stations in this sector.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 7. Dec 18, 23:18

Thanks for the feedback :-)

I've checked the PAR wharf in TS3 and two stations in GE3 and could not reproduce. However, sometimes several NPC use the transporter simultaneously and/or in close succession which may cause the transporter pad to become unresponsive and prevent the door from open. As a workaround try to hit enter and "Go to ship". This is a known issue and will be addressed in a future update.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

wessubba
x4

Post by wessubba » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:07

Bandwagoning on this post.

I am also have a stuck teleporter door. This is on my M class ship. The issue began when an NPC tried to walk into the teleporter door when I used it. The NPC became stuck on the door.

Re loading the game did not correct the issue.

Changing zones reset the NPC such that she was no longer stuck in the door, however this did not fix the locked issue on my end.

I currently cannot get to my own bridge and I'm pretty much left with conducting business from the hangar area. The ctrl+d shortcut takes me to the teleporter, but the door will not open.

This was not station or sector related as far as I can tell.

I hope this info is helpful for the programmers. If anyone finds a quick-fix, please post it.

Phirmware
x4

Post by Phirmware » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:20

For me the issue gradually got worse, as though the game became more unstable the more I played. Eventually it wasn't just the teleport but CTD's were happening constantly.

I eventually had to restart as all the save games I tried were effected.

A fresh game seems to have cured my issue, but we shall see.

I know it's not much of a workaround, just letting you know what I had to end up doing to get the game to stop crashing.

wessubba
x4

Post by wessubba » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 02:24

Yes, I just discovered the scope of the problem. My door is now sealed in earlier saves. Aka, this issue messed up every save with this ship. I'd get upset about this, but it is honestly what I expect from the X series.

It's a shame there isn't a console in this game where we can manually unstuck.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 03:59

I'm sorry that you guys have such problems. The issue is known and has received highest priority.

I rarely have encountered that problem and "Go to ship" (if you are stuck at a station transporter) did work for me. If you are stuck at the transporter on a ship then all help I can offer at the moment is more of a desperate attempt from which I do not know if it works: Order the ship to dock at any station and then fire the entire crew via comm. Start with the service crew as it is likely that one or several are responsible for the lockout.

Please let me know if any of this helps.

Cheers Euclid

SGBL
x4

Post by SGBL » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 08:14

the only one station was told i found actually in black sun. its the equiüpment station u start

darkneon2002
x4

Post by darkneon2002 » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 10:26

I just got stuck in the teleporter when I accepted a secret taxi job and landing at the station to pick up the passenger.

I can teleport and enter other cockpits but not the one of the ship i accepted the mission on.
I aborted the mission in the hope of fixing it but that's a negative.

I hope you can retro-fix this issue.

Arretu
x4

Post by Arretu » Sat, 8. Dec 18, 10:37

I encountered this bug this morning, and decided to try and quicksave/quickload to see if that sorted the problem. It did not. It made things much, much worse. Upon loading, I am seemingly trapped in the station scenery somewhere. I don't have the teleporter, so the save is essentially bricked. Providing the file below for reference purposes. Full disclosure - I used cheatengine to add 20 million at the start. Other than that, entirely standard game.

Save file

Redgum
x3tc

Post by Redgum » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 19:21

Appears this bug is still alive and well.

Ran into it on a brand new game going to the Teladi Refined Goods Station to pick up 3x Antimatter canisters... on the way to trader (to sell crystals) the transporter makes the sound, but instead of opening the door, the ambient music gets loud and the door never opens.

I swear, if the DEVS had a sense of humor, they'd start playing "The Girl from Ipanema" when you get into those... so much like getting stuck in an elevator.

The only way out is to press ENTER and click on 'Go To Ship.'
Peace through superior firepower

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 19:26

@ Redgum: Please start a new thread on your issue and provide a link to a vanilla save showing the problem. The game states and situations described in this old thread are long dead and gone.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”