BUG: NPC Won't leave ship, can't interact with it

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kaleotter

BUG: NPC Won't leave ship, can't interact with it

Post by kaleotter » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 12:49

So I got into the game yesterday, runs better than I expected on my low end hardware (Except in large docking bays) and I captured my first ship, a Courier vanguard. I finally assigned a pilot to it and flew off to look for somewhere to equip it. However, when I ordered it to dock at my station, it refused to move. Confused, I double checked the captain was assigned, and then returned to the ship. When I did, the captain was stuck at the bottom of the ladder, and I could not interact with the pilots chair. I could still move to the ship using the station fast travel system. Reassigning the captain does nothing, they just seem to stay sat at the bottom of the ladder leading up to the cockpit.

It also seems like the docking pad may be borked as well, as the lights are all red and if I am sat in the ship I can see the no entry sign that gets projected onto unavailiable landing pads.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: BUG: NPC Won't leave ship, can't interact with it

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:49

I am aware of an issue with NPCs being stuck when being assigned to a ship. I do have a savegame of this happening but another wouldn't hurt. Thanks for the info.

As of now, I'm not aware of a workaround.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Kal DhuAlan
x4

Post by Kal DhuAlan » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 09:53

Noticed a captain issue last night.

I had docked with my falcoln sentinal at the player hq, I spoke with the captain on board the ship at the chair and assigned ro manager role.

Went to a dock to get new pilot, upgrade menu for crew should role assigned.

A long time later was going to get ship to ai me to destination, noticed no npc in chair when I got out.
flew to wharf, tried upgrade and still showed role filled.

Promoted via ction crew option on that screen.

New captain standing in teleporter in ship, ship would accept commands but would not execute them.

Fired captain in teleporter 3 times. Saved and exited. I've just reloaded save and npc still standing in teleporter.

Pure Hostility

Post by Pure Hostility » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 10:29

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:49
I am aware of an issue with NPCs being stuck when being assigned to a ship. I do have a savegame of this happening but another wouldn't hurt. Thanks for the info.

I've got the same issue.
On my side, NPC went to the upper spot of the ladder.
I think it happened due to me issuing an order to said ship BEFORE new NPC pilot could board the vessel.
How can I attach a save file to the post?

JamesTheClarke
x4

Post by JamesTheClarke » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 10:37

Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 02:49

Hi Xenon_Slayer

I have the same bug, an NPC is stuck on the latter of my Kestrel scout craft. He even shows up when I exit the ship in space, me in my fancy suit, him just breathing the vacuum of empty space. He can't be interacted with or asked to leave, he also won't shop up in the crew overview when docked at a station - so, unfortunately, I can't delete him.

Do you require another safe file?

Paranoid Marvin
x4

Post by Paranoid Marvin » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:24

How is it possible you have not fixed this bug already!

This is just ridiculous given it was reported years ago!

sandalle
x4

Post by sandalle » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:34

Bought a new ship (Elite Vanguard), came with a pilot. He would not get out of the chair (I couldn't interact with the chair or him). Even told him to fly somewhere so he undocked, but couldn't interact. Saved the game, reloaded, and then I could interact and fly my ship. Worked fine with 3.0, but started happening with 3.10 release. Might be related to viewtopic.php?f=180&t=424384 as the purchased ship was in storage and I had to bring it out.

Paranoid Marvin
x4

Post by Paranoid Marvin » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 20:54

Mines an Asp Raider we "caught" the marine pilot won't get out of the chair.

I also have another "captain" that won't actually fly her ships or sit in the chair and can't be fired.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 21:08

Looks for the helpful link to a 3.10 vanilla save that shows the current issue(s) ... still looking. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SovietExplorer

Post by SovietExplorer » Wed, 8. Apr 20, 22:26

Here is my save i'm vanilla i just started and i'm getting the bug. this is right as i saved to reload to fix it im on 3.10 https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuISHI6TQRYCgdhD4Hn ... Q?e=7ySjEf

zx2000
x4

Post by zx2000 » Fri, 10. Apr 20, 13:04

I have the same bug in my new game after a few hours.
It seems the NPC are all completely broken. The Captains of all my ships don't want to leave their seats. Also NPC i hire on the sations or if i want to transfert captains from ship to ship, the characters just stand where they are and don't go were they should.

Pandasexy
x4

Post by Pandasexy » Sat, 11. Apr 20, 15:55

New game on 3.0, vanilla, no problem. Then updated to 3.1 and now I can't interact with my new scout ship/its pilot unless by comms. Here's the save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vprjPe ... sp=sharing

Nekudotayim_
x4

Post by Nekudotayim_ » Sat, 8. Jan 22, 23:48

Still not fixed.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 9. Jan 22, 00:19

If you're experiencing a problem, then start a new thread and provide the information requested at the top of the forum. Dredging up a thread that's nearly two years old, and very likely to be a different issue that happens to have similar symptoms, and not providing any information whatsoever about your specific scenario isn't going to get anything fixed.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”