[FIXED] Ship teleporting further away from system on Map open

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MedievalChicken
x4

[FIXED] Ship teleporting further away from system on Map open

Post by MedievalChicken » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:42

In Black Hole Sun V near the trade post at the gate, I have been teleported 32000km away from the system border from opening the map menu a couple of times before i noticed. every time I open the map it goes about 5000-10000km further.

What do I do now. it will take ages to get back to system

Cabrelbeuk
x4

Re: BUG Ship teleporting further away from system on Map open

Post by Cabrelbeuk » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:44

You were on fast travelling ? I reported this when fast travelling but does it happen anyway ?
AMD R7 2700X 3.7GHz - GTX 1070 Ti 8Go Asus cerberus - 16Go RAM 3200MHz - Asus Prime X470-Pro - LG 32" 4K 60Hz - SSD Samsung Evo850 512 GB - HDD Toshiba 2 To 7200 Tr/min - Onkyo HTS-7800 Dolby Atmos 5.1.2

MedievalChicken
x4

Post by MedievalChicken » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:47

First couple i was stationary outside the trade post, then I was using travel mode to get back.

MedievalChicken
x4

Post by MedievalChicken » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:48

UPDATE

I got to like 65000km and it teleported the ship back to the centre of the system.

kravenaggie

Post by kravenaggie » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:54

Same thing is happening to me. I have noticed this happened especially when I had my travel drive on when going into the Map. the screen flickers and ever tick of it sends me another few thousand K away from my target. I got pushed so far off the map i didn't think i would get back. But I've noticed a new issue now. I came to a stop, then opened my map and it teleported me back to about where I should have been. I traveled through a gate to get back to grand exchange, and when I am in the new system and looked at my map. It teleported me back to the far away coordinates in the previous system. (I did not go back through the gate, it seems like opening the map actually moved me back to the prior sector, about 60K away from the gate)

I think somehow the map is reading the coordinates incorrectly, then when you close the map, it moves you to those coordinates. When I moved to the new system, then opened the map, it moved me back to the bad coordinates again.

MedievalChicken
x4

Post by MedievalChicken » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 05:02

kravenaggie wrote:
Sat, 1. Dec 18, 04:54
Same thing is happening to me. I have noticed this happened especially when I had my travel drive on when going into the Map. the screen flickers and ever tick of it sends me another few thousand K away from my target. I got pushed so far off the map i didn't think i would get back. But I've noticed a new issue now. I came to a stop, then opened my map and it teleported me back to about where I should have been. I traveled through a gate to get back to grand exchange, and when I am in the new system and looked at my map. It teleported me back to the far away coordinates in the previous system. (I did not go back through the gate, it seems like opening the map actually moved me back to the prior sector, about 60K away from the gate)

I think somehow the map is reading the coordinates incorrectly, then when you close the map, it moves you to those coordinates. When I moved to the new system, then opened the map, it moved me back to the bad coordinates again.
Lovely hahahaha.

I'll test this as well, hopefully they can fix easily enough.

matheww19
x4

Post by matheww19 » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:43

I'm having this issue as well. I made the mistake of saving when I got back to the starting system. Exited the game, and reloaded. It loaded me back in the middle of nowhere, and if i try to open the map it immediately crashes. So now my save is borked. 5 Hours down the drain.

Ohen
x4

Post by Ohen » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 07:56

Had the same thing happen to me, got so far outside of the map it couldn't even center on my ship anymore. Then suddenly i was back in the center of Black Sun IV where i started.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”