Changed keybinds, cant find the keybind to trigger long range scan.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

Changed keybinds, cant find the keybind to trigger long range scan.

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 20:08

Hei, i changed a lot of my keybinds, however i cant find a keybind to trigger the long range scan. I bound something else to that key and now it diesnt work, and i cant find it. I tried unbinding the key i bound to that button, however it seems the keybind is lost for good. I might not know what the keybind is called however i check the whole list over 5 times and i just cant see it.
Credence follow stars.

peteran
x4

Re: Changed keybinds, cant find the keybind to trigger long range scan.

Post by peteran » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 08:00

In my game, if long-range scan mode is active, it triggers when R is held down and released for an appropriate time. The binding for R is Fire secondary weapons (under Controls: General / Weapons). In fact, all of the Fire secondary weapons bindings trigger it.

Omni-Orb
x4

Re: Changed keybinds, cant find the keybind to trigger long range scan. - Explained

Post by Omni-Orb » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 12:26

peteran wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 08:00
Fire secondary weapons bindings trigger it.
Thank you, i didnt know it shared key with missiles.
Credence follow stars.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 13:37

I have the same issue again with another keybind. This time i cant find the key to accept incoming transmissions. It must share a key with something else however i cant seem to find out what. It would be nice if controls are updated to show what each keybinding does, especially if it has multiple uses
Credence follow stars.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 26. Oct 21, 14:31

When you change a keybind from default to something else, the in-game profiler does tell you if it clashes or duplicates another function. What you do about it is left up to you unless it would be a game-breaker and/or is disallowed, in which case it does not let you make the change.

You should be able to find the function (F by default) listed as 'Interaction Menu' in Settings/Controls/General.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”