[FIX][1427]4.10 - Fleet delivery reward is too low or not working - Fixed in an upcoming update

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Panos
x4

[FIX][1427]4.10 - Fleet delivery reward is too low or not working - Fixed in an upcoming update

Post by Panos » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 09:02

Hi (again)

As you will find from the log of the attached save file (have completed several missions like the one bellow).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1taXDaJ ... sp=sharing

The game doesn't compensate properly the value of the delivered fleets calculating based on a arbitrary value.
As you see the 6 Perseus cost 412,228cr each (x 6 = 2,473,368) plus Nemesis 1,466,391. Total value of fleet with basic gear 3,939,759.
The reward should have been +50% so 5,909,368 however the payment is 3,691,663

Cost of Perseus
https://i.imgur.com/GErfMzQ.png

Cost of Nemesis
https://i.imgur.com/vhxKgAn.png

Final payment
https://i.imgur.com/bRPT7d3.png

Same applies to station missions, seems game doesn't calculate the plot which asks to be in some very expensive zones like on my previous post today.

Maybe is better to bring back the old calculation method for those missions? It was guaranteed to be profitable and not relying on some arbitrary value to calculate the +50% etc.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [1427]4.10 - Fleet delivery reward is too low or not working

Post by Gimbutz » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 18:20

Thanks for the report!

First, about your suggested roll-back: the previous iteration of the fleet delivery mission reward calculation did indeed rely on arbitrary values to eyeball the player's expenses, which sometimes resulted in especially excessive, or meagre payouts. The current calculation takes the actual average market price of all components of the ships the player actually delivered. The 50% bonus on top is supposed to more than make up for a potentially above average buy price at the Wharf or Shipyard.

To get to the bottom of this, it would be amazing if you could help us see the problem occurring live: do you happen to have a save right before completing one of these fleet delivery missions, that you know will end in an incorrect reward?

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 19:07

Gimbutz wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 18:20
Thanks for the report!

First, about your suggested roll-back: the previous iteration of the fleet delivery mission reward calculation did indeed rely on arbitrary values to eyeball the player's expenses, which sometimes resulted in especially excessive, or meagre payouts. The current calculation takes the actual average market price of all components of the ships the player actually delivered. The 50% bonus on top is supposed to more than make up for a potentially above average buy price at the Wharf or Shipyard.

To get to the bottom of this, it would be amazing if you could help us see the problem occurring live: do you happen to have a save right before completing one of these fleet delivery missions, that you know will end in an incorrect reward?
Thank you :D
As soon as I am home tonight, will post saves before and after the delivery. The game is consistent with that bug :lol:

I will also run it with my TER campaign to see if the issue affects HOP only somewhow or TER also (different cost/materials) and will post saves too.
(the TER campaign is from 4.0 haven't played it with 4.10 yet).

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 23. Sep 21, 00:27

Gimbutz wrote:
Thanks for the report!

As requested
The save file with the ships en route to be delivered.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/177Oy95 ... sp=sharing

Here are the costs for the 3 Perseus and the 1 Nemesis, total 2,595,571
https://i.imgur.com/4q8NvJ7.png
https://i.imgur.com/R3KycEG.png

Here is the payment 2,568,679.

https://i.imgur.com/M5JJjCn.png

This time lost 26,874cr instead of 248,096 as with the previoys transaction.

Maybe you want to have the game run a bit as I have couple of station to build for war missions to see if the money paid are correct too.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 02:54

Gimbutz wrote:
Thanks for the report!

Following up the previous post, picked a mission to deliver 2 Ody destroyers with the 50% payment bonus.
Spent 21,790,514 for the 2 destroyers (price each on the image bellow)
https://i.imgur.com/G18UgxK.png

and got reward 31,123,312 which is shy of the 50% but probably that is due to overspending filling up all the turrets & shield slots?
At least there was no loss like the other deliveries.
https://i.imgur.com/t4OieBH.png

Please find the save file just minutes before the fleet delivery.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YoUQUj ... sp=sharing

Thank you :)

FYI there are still War missions to deliver fleets (1 destroyer + 3 Frigates) with fixed reward amount. Have these escaped the 50% change? :gruebel:

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 11:02

Panos wrote:
Thu, 23. Sep 21, 00:27
As requested
Could you allow access to the download, please?
Panos wrote:
FYI there are still War missions to deliver fleets (1 destroyer + 3 Frigates) with fixed reward amount. Have these escaped the 50% change?
Not escaped, but we decided to leave them intact and add the missions with the 50% as new variants on top.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 11:28

Gimbutz wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 11:02
Panos wrote:
As requested
Could you allow access to the download, please?
Panos wrote:
FYI there are still War missions to deliver fleets (1 destroyer + 3 Frigates) with fixed reward amount. Have these escaped the 50% change?
Not escaped, but we decided to leave them intact and add the missions with the 50% as new variants on top.
I rarely use google drive, last time did so was years ago to post another X4 bug report :lol:

Done for both save files are public. :D

Thank you and have a good weekend.

BitByte
x4

Post by BitByte » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 14:04

Not directly related to fleet delivery but shipyard/wharf/equipment dock pricing.
For example in equipment dock you cannot make it profitable never due prices you get from items are so poor (compared to the prices you pay if you use AI equipment docks). If items you sell give you from 100-2000cr that is price which won't cover of cost from bought stuff.

With shipyard if AI buys monitor from you you may get 15 million. If you go and try buy similar ship from them it's 40+ million. I see this not fair trading.
Similar with wharf. Small ships can give you 50k to 400k cr. With this price in some case you may get extremely basic frame from AI and that's all.

It doesn't help do you have pricing +150% or 100%. Issue is still there.

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [1427]4.10 - Fleet delivery reward is too low or not working - Fixed

Post by Gimbutz » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 16:04

Thanks for the saves! This issue will be resolved in an upcoming update. The mission reward calculation remains unchanged, but the logic in the background that determines what the average market value of any given ship is has been improved. The result should be that you always make money with this mission, even if you buy the ships for a really bad price because of low stock levels on the wharf, like in your examples.

Panos
x4

Re: [1427]4.10 - Fleet delivery reward is too low or not working - Fixed

Post by Panos » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 20:34

Gimbutz wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 16:04
Thanks for the saves! This issue will be resolved in an upcoming update. The mission reward calculation remains unchanged, but the logic in the background that determines what the average market value of any given ship is has been improved. The result should be that you always make money with this mission, even if you buy the ships for a really bad price because of low stock levels on the wharf, like in your examples.
Thank you. Keep up the good work. :D
Last edited by Panos on Sat, 25. Sep 21, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [FIX][1427]4.10 - Fleet delivery reward is too low or not working - Fixed in an upcoming update

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 20:47

Heh, no don't keep it, but keep it up! :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Panos
x4

Re: [FIX][1427]4.10 - Fleet delivery reward is too low or not working - Fixed in an upcoming update

Post by Panos » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 08:25

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 20:47
Heh, no don't keep it, but keep it up! :D
Fixed it. Sorry :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”