PSA: There are new turret modes now

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Feloidea
x4

Re: PSA: There are new turret modes now

Post by Feloidea » Wed, 24. Apr 24, 01:58

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 24. Apr 24, 00:57
Feloidea wrote:
Tue, 23. Apr 24, 23:58
assume that the current "Attack Capital Ships" is really only "attack capital ships first" and will still happily sling finite missiles at anything else in reach.
Not seeing that in my 7.0 beta game. Have a pair of tracking turrets on my Ray. They're loaded with H.Smart & are set to 'Attack Only Capital Ships'. Have not seen them fire on anything other than enemy capital ships, even in a target rich environment with plenty of enemy S/M ships within range.
Nice to know. In my case it was the Tokyo shooting through it's entire arsenal of missiles at S and M ships without any capital ship present until way later when it had already run out of ammo. So I will test this out and see if the upcoming turret commands will hold fire until the specified target parameters are met. If yes, M Dumbfire turrets will be my new go-to loadout for carriers to give them more punch against capitals (oh lord, a Raptor with 93 M Dumbfire turrets ...). If no I'll stick to the tried and tested.

Return to “X4: Foundations”