Thank you for TAA...

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Freud
x4

Thank you for TAA...

Post by Mr.Freud » Fri, 5. Apr 24, 21:33

Finally alising is gone! Next big visual/performance upgrade would be DLSS 3.5/FSR 2.~ with their own Frame Gen technologies. Also something like High Resolution Texture pack would be very welcome, especially for galaxy background textures. Hope its possible now.
Thank you guys.

Artean
x4

Re: Thank you for TAA...

Post by Artean » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 16:18

Indeed! Been waiting a looong time for this. And it sure works good, certainly so when combined with a sharpness filter.

Perhaps there's a chance for DLSS now. (Yes, there are cases/scenes when the GPU is the bottleneck.)
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 16:31

I've been telling the game to run at higher resolution and scale down - the opposite of DLSS!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Caldari Navy

Post by Caldari Navy » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 17:56

I thing there is many discusions thread about dssl and x4 in this forum explaining this feature vs x4

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 6. Apr 24, 23:06

I think Egosoft have incorporated what they can with a small indie team, and its a good set of options for X4 depending on your rig.
The latest and greatest versions of DLSS / FSR etcetera even if the devs have time to look at them, would be years away. I would also love more DLSS for NVidia cards, but realistically I cant see it happening.
Jolt physics is the most recent overhaul and scales really well, it was a good move by Egosoft (even though there are still teething issues to iron out).

On my laptop I am putting up with FXAA Medium, plus FSR on Quality, purely because this game is so heavy in its CPU use I need to cut back on the more fancy details, and concentrate on giving up most of the CPU to the game running its universal economy / flight physics / big battle calculations.

Other games on this humble machine specs (see signature) do a marvellous job of visuals, but imho X4 is a special case game.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Ergoswot

Post by Ergoswot » Sat, 4. May 24, 06:58

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 23:06
I think Egosoft have incorporated what they can with a small indie team, and its a good set of options for X4 depending on your rig.
The latest and greatest versions of DLSS / FSR etcetera even if the devs have time to look at them, would be years away. I would also love more DLSS for NVidia cards, but realistically I cant see it happening.
Jolt physics is the most recent overhaul and scales really well, it was a good move by Egosoft (even though there are still teething issues to iron out).

On my laptop I am putting up with FXAA Medium, plus FSR on Quality, purely because this game is so heavy in its CPU use I need to cut back on the more fancy details, and concentrate on giving up most of the CPU to the game running its universal economy / flight physics / big battle calculations.

Other games on this humble machine specs (see signature) do a marvellous job of visuals, but imho X4 is a special case game.
Can you please explain your logic for why you think DLSS is "years" away?

EDIT - Never mind I answered my own question as while searching I found an explanation from Egosoft here viewtopic.php?p=5133289#p5133289

Ergoswot

Post by Ergoswot » Sat, 4. May 24, 07:09

Mr.Freud wrote:
Fri, 5. Apr 24, 21:33
Finally alising is gone! Next big visual/performance upgrade would be DLSS 3.5/FSR 2.~ with their own Frame Gen technologies. Also something like High Resolution Texture pack would be very welcome, especially for galaxy background textures. Hope its possible now.
Thank you guys.
I assume this is a feature with the new BETA?

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 4. May 24, 12:19

Ergoswot wrote:
Sat, 4. May 24, 06:58
alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sat, 6. Apr 24, 23:06

Can you please explain your logic for why you think DLSS is "years" away?

EDIT - Never mind I answered my own question as while searching I found an explanation from Egosoft here viewtopic.php?p=5133289#p5133289
There was no logic to it, just reading everything the Egosoft developers have talked about on these forums.
Ergoswot wrote:
Sat, 4. May 24, 07:09
Mr.Freud wrote:
Fri, 5. Apr 24, 21:33
Thank you guys.
I assume this is a feature with the new BETA?
Yes, as promulgated in the patch notes sticky post in the beta forum ..
viewtopic.php?f=192&t=405397

If you wish to participate in the beta, be sure to read the other sticky topics in that part of the forum, its a bit stricter in the forum rules.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Ergoswot

Post by Ergoswot » Sun, 5. May 24, 07:56

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sat, 4. May 24, 12:19
If you wish to participate in the beta, be sure to read the other sticky topics in that part of the forum, its a bit stricter in the forum rules.
Thanks, I am slowly starting to find my way around now.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 5. May 24, 15:10

I just tried out TAA last night. Coming from using MSAA 4x, TAA both looks better and result in a significant fps increase.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 5. May 24, 15:53

With the intro of taa (temperal info etc and motion vectors) now in x4 its gona be alot easier for ego to implement dlss and fsr 3.2 in the future as the main thing ego was wary of was the motion vectors bit needed but now thats in thanks to taa, it should be easier to implement if they choose to in the future, hopefully a good implementation as some games put it in but not optimised well and gets called crap, but when they fix it ppl go and praise it alot more.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Socratatus
x4

Post by Socratatus » Sun, 5. May 24, 17:43

The graphics element never bothered me that much, but I'll admit it does look quite nice now.
1. Please do more on NPC civilian/uniform variety, and bio customisations, Devs.
2. Stations need sirens when enemy is close in numbers.
Yes, for immersion. Thankyou ahead of time.

"If you`re looking for that one person who can change your life, take a look in the mirror."

Return to “X4: Foundations”