[Request] A button to center station inside the plot

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jojorne
x4

[Request] A button to center station inside the plot

Post by jojorne » Wed, 7. Jun 23, 18:00

For the "Construction Plan Actions" there could be a button to center the station modules within the plot but that might not work...
So the function could be added to the context menu when you right click on a module, it would affect the whole sequence. Welp, idk...

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Re: [Request] A button to center station inside the plot

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 00:33

jojorne wrote:
Wed, 7. Jun 23, 18:00
For the "Construction Plan Actions" there could be a button to center the station modules within the plot but that might not work...
So the function could be added to the context menu when you right click on a module, it would affect the whole sequence. Welp, idk...
There is a workaround:
place the first module, export construction plan, open it with an editor, delete the position line, save and import again and load it.
I would really like a shortcut though, a numerical position input for example.

Oh and it would be nice to NOT arbitrary rotate and move a module if the snap position is blocked, make it red and I rotate it in place but DON'T shot it on the other side of the plot.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 16:13

I'll settle for centering the FIRST module built. Or a right click and it centers any module you want, don't know how that's useful though, unless you just want to cram everything inside each other...

Vheissu
x4

Post by Vheissu » Thu, 8. Jun 23, 16:15

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 8. Jun 23, 16:13
I'll settle for centering the FIRST module built. Or a right click and it centers any module you want, don't know how that's useful though, unless you just want to cram everything inside each other...
jojorne wrote:
Wed, 7. Jun 23, 18:00
Yes to at least one of these, please.

deltaCorben

Post by deltaCorben » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 06:23

I support this.

The workaround works, thanks ubuntufreakdragon.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 15. Mar 24, 18:49

Another sorely missing feature along the same lines (to the point where implementing it might make the centring feature unnecessary) is the ability to link unconnected station modules so you can move them as a unit; whether this is by having a 'link' button to mark them as a sequence or by implementing multi select where you can select any number of modules at the same time to move/rotate them together.

Right now the only solution to this issue is tricking the station editor into thinking they're connected modules, or manually editing the xml.

Return to “X4: Foundations”