How do you change the command ship in large fleets?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

How do you change the command ship in large fleets?

Post by user1679 » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 07:07

Is there a way to replace the command ship with a different ship without having to dismantle the entire fleet?

I'm just getting started building my fleet and if I spend a bunch of time filling all the groups (gamma, beta, delta, etc.) with ships in various roles, what if I want to replace the commander with a different ship (eg: I buy a carrier and want to replace the command destroyer)? Maybe I miss it but I don't see an option to select a ship, then right click the commander and "replace commander".

Agrefits
x4

Re: How do you change the command ship in large fleets?

Post by Agrefits » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 22:50

AFAIK there is no such option. You have to re-assign them, .. or.. assign the commander of your current fleet to the ship you wish to be the new fleet leader

user1679

Re: How do you change the command ship in large fleets?

Post by user1679 » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 02:48

Agrefits wrote:
Mon, 5. Jun 23, 22:50
or.. assign the commander of your current fleet to the ship you wish to be the new fleet leader
Right but this doesn't make the new ship the actual command ship. It's interesting because if the command ship is destroyed, another direct subordinate will take the place but there isn't a method to do this manually.

Return to “X4: Foundations”