[QOL feature] Select biggest ship on map zoom out click

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

furirkeeper
x4

[QOL feature] Select biggest ship on map zoom out click

Post by furirkeeper » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 20:54

Hello
This is one thing that always irritates me when I am playing. If the following is easy to fix it would greatly improve QOL when using the map.

Problem:
Assume that we have a carrier of some sort (any ship that can carry another ship) and that smaller ships are docked on the surface of it.
If I zoom out on the map only the bigger ship will be visible, yet if I click on the big ship icon I always select one of the smaller docked ships. This happens both when clicking to select and when clicking to give orders, for example when ordering another small ship to dock by right clicking I always get the menu for one of the small ships.
The result is that I always have to first zoom in and then make sure to click on the big ship icon.

Solution:
When only the big ship icon is visible clicking on it (in any way as described above) should always select the bigger ship. If I want to click on any of the smaller ships that are docked on it I anyway have to zoom in to make sure I select the correct small ship so I don't see any downside with this.

I assume that the above "problem" happens for everyone, if it doesn't then just ignore this (in my experience this game doesn't always follow normal logic). I am using vanilla latest version so it is probably not unlikely that this happens to everyone.

Pesanur
x4

Re: [QOL feature] Select biggest ship on map zoom out click

Post by Pesanur » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 21:48

At least I'm have the same problem that you.

msgerbs
x4

Post by msgerbs » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 21:57

Yes please. Same with stations.

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Mon, 12. Jun 23, 12:08

Happens to me again and again. Very annoying.

Return to “X4: Foundations”