[REQUEST] Commentary from devs on Yaki situation

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wargear

[REQUEST] Commentary from devs on Yaki situation

Post by Wargear » Sat, 27. May 23, 16:26

If you could be so kind alot of us would like to hear from the devs who post here the game strategy of leaving the Yaki irrelevant and stuck in Savage Spur. In just about all my playthroughs the Terrans find a way to eliminate their one station never to respawn. Maybe I'm missing something I'd enjoy a discussion of this from the source.

Devs your time and consideration of this is appreciated and thanked!
WGI Industries [modified]

Mightysword
x3tc

Re: [REQUEST] Commentary from devs on Yaki situation

Post by Mightysword » Sat, 27. May 23, 16:51

The only reason that happens because *you* made it happen.
Spoiler
Show
There are 3 choices/outcomes in the Yaki/Terran plot line, and one of them make the the Terran travel to Savage Spur and obliverate the Yaki base. The other two choices will see the Terran leave the Yaki alone, an you'll be given one additional mission to help the Yaki thrive and become another full fledged faction
Reading comprehension is hard.
Reading with prejudice makes comprehension harder.

Wargear

Post by Wargear » Sun, 28. May 23, 02:44

Yes having played all three of those scenarios that's true. However even after destroying the xenon transmitter the Yaki never becomes a fully functioning viable faction nor do they replicate their base in other sectors like BUC and SCA if destroyed even though there's plenty of unclaimed sectors across what I call the northern tier. Thus regardless of plot outcome in all scenarios you list the Yaki become an irrelevant rare non entity in the game. I'm asking the devs for a discussion on their reasoning for this and now that the Boron expansion is complete is it possible to revisit the Yaki s role in the game? I notice there are still inactive jumpgates which tell me there's still room for expansion.

Caedes91
x4

Post by Caedes91 » Sun, 28. May 23, 03:28

Don't expect them to change or add anything to the basegame or previous DLC which don't make money anymore. The focus seems entirely to be on the Multiverse online mode now. Looks very much like a platform made for future monetization for me. Otherwise I don't see Egosoft being able to support this 5 year old game any further. Justifyable. It would only lose money for them.

Wargear

Post by Wargear » Sun, 28. May 23, 05:17

Caedes91 wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 03:28
Don't expect them to change or add anything to the basegame or previous DLC which don't make money anymore. The focus seems entirely to be on the Multiverse online mode now.
I'm sure your probably right about this.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 28. May 23, 07:29

Caedes91 wrote:
Sun, 28. May 23, 03:28
Don't expect them to change or add anything to the basegame or previous DLC which don't make money anymore. The focus seems entirely to be on the Multiverse online mode now. Looks very much like a platform made for future monetization for me. Otherwise I don't see Egosoft being able to support this 5 year old game any further. Justifyable. It would only lose money for them.
Looks like someone needs to learn a little Egosoft history. Check out the downloads section for X3 Terran Conflict, a game released October 17, 2008. If you look you'll see a patch for that game released on December 7, 2017, more than nine years later. And this is only one example of Egosoft's support for their 'old' games.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

pH7.0
x4

Post by pH7.0 » Sun, 28. May 23, 09:13

I've just played through the Yaki plot,
Spoiler
Show
although I haven't cleared the Xenon sectors for the Pirate's Heart mission yet so I can't say whether the Yaki will expand and trade until I do that.

I placed beacons all the way to earth, killed the snitch, and then went back and talked to the Yaki. I then went and killed the amplifier before going back and telling the Yaki to activate it. Despite it being a wreck, it still seemed to work (big noise and the faction leader seemed happy) and I have I and K class ships spewing out of Xenon sectors in big battlegroups.
How did that work? Is this intended behaviour, or
Spoiler
Show
is destroying the amplifier supposed to render it non-functional?
cheers
pH7.0
X3TC 3.1 vanilla.
Fight-trade-flying: Elite on C-64, Privateer, Privateer 2, Freelancer, X2, X3R, X3TC, X4.
Tenlar Scarflame wrote:nasty things that induce swearing and bashing your keyboard like a monkey.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Mon, 29. May 23, 05:19

In my playthroughs, the Terrans never get close to the Yaki base. I don't tell them where it is and the Terrans never get there.

Are you beefing up the Terrans a lot? Maybe giving them lots of ships/stations via missions or doing a lot of mining/manufacturing for them?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Tue, 30. May 23, 00:01

Build a wharf in the Yaki area and start spewing out yaki ships.

Repli
x4

Post by Repli » Tue, 30. May 23, 05:58

burger1 wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 00:01
Hey, if their own wharf is still active, its enough to fill their storage and they will indeed spam ships. But they will never ask you to build new stations or do it by themselfs. Even their HQ will not be repaired. Thats the missleading fact regarding "full fleshed faction". :(

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Tue, 30. May 23, 23:25

Repli wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 05:58
burger1 wrote:
Hey, if their own wharf is still active, its enough to fill their storage and they will indeed spam ships. But they will never ask you to build new stations or do it by themselfs. Even their HQ will not be repaired. Thats the missleading fact regarding "full fleshed faction". :(
They're not really fleshed out indeed. They don't build additional stations themselves nor claim sectors (not even after you did that 'clean all Xenon for Yaki' mission). They can ask you to build more stations however; In my game, they asked for several defense stations (without admin center), added some industrial base & habitats/dormitories so they got an economic basis too. Can now recruit more Yaki personnel easier. Doing the clean Xenon mission also makes the Yaki a trade-partner for Split, Argon & Teladi as far as I know. Bonus, when well supplied, they become an adversary for the Vigour syndicate.

Really hope Egosoft has more plans for them, I enjoy their unique look with cybernetics & being the only faction that can hide among the Xenon.

Genoscythe
x4

Post by Genoscythe » Wed, 31. May 23, 02:16

I'm pretty sure ego had more in mind but ran out of time. Yaki are to a faction what your drugged, drunk uncle is to the texi driver getting him home.

I would wish they would simply use an array of mining ships and station parts stolen from other factions to just put together some rag-tag stations and at least try to build themselves up. Their Kuraokamis are already set up as universal trade ships, no idea why they don't have a universal but less efficient M gas and solid mining ship that is based on an existing model, too.

Hammerhirsch
x4

Post by Hammerhirsch » Wed, 31. May 23, 11:08

You're going about it the wrong way, if you want to have mutant yaki then build them a shipyard in front of their noses where only they can produce ships, such a wild horde is fun to watch.

:mrgreen:

I use them as a tool to weaken factions. But i got your point, a small yaki dlc would be fun.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 31. May 23, 11:36

Story-wise the Yaki are "extinct". The terran DLC tells the story of the remains. (check the X:Rebirth lore for details and/or this nice videos about the summary of the X lore: viewtopic.php?f=146&t=408447&hilit=Yaki)

So having the option to kickstart them a bit as a player is a nice thing - but they stay a minor faction. It is possible to make them spread out a bit - but it involves work by the player.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

roy35150
x4

Post by roy35150 » Wed, 31. May 23, 15:46

Still it would be great if some1 could make a really good yaki mod that gives them their own economy and allows them to take over sectors.

Would be an amazing follow up to the plot.

Steel
x4

Post by Steel » Wed, 31. May 23, 16:38

+1 for more Yaki :)

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Wed, 31. May 23, 17:44

Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 23:25
Repli wrote:
burger1 wrote:
They're not really fleshed out indeed. They don't build additional stations themselves nor claim sectors (not even after you did that 'clean all Xenon for Yaki' mission). They can ask you to build more stations however; In my game, they asked for several defense stations (without admin center), added some industrial base & habitats/dormitories so they got an economic basis too. Can now recruit more Yaki personnel easier. Doing the clean Xenon mission also makes the Yaki a trade-partner for Split, Argon & Teladi as far as I know. Bonus, when well supplied, they become an adversary for the Vigour syndicate.

Really hope Egosoft has more plans for them, I enjoy their unique look with cybernetics & being the only faction that can hide among the Xenon.
What did you do to get them to start offering construction missions? i been trying to find one for ages but never get offered one, I read you need to let an npc faction actually claim their space? but sadly no one has even tried to mclaim near them yet in my games.

also all the yes for expanded yaki stuff, they are my fav faction by far and would love to be able to do more with them. Would love to see something on a similar line to duke with them to make them a proper faction or at least something lol

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Wed, 31. May 23, 23:17

KalisaFox wrote:
Wed, 31. May 23, 17:44
Starlight_Corporation wrote:
Tue, 30. May 23, 23:25
Repli wrote:

What did you do to get them to start offering construction missions? i been trying to find one for ages but never get offered one, I read you need to let an npc faction actually claim their space? but sadly no one has even tried to mclaim near them yet in my games.

also all the yes for expanded yaki stuff, they are my fav faction by far and would love to be able to do more with them. Would love to see something on a similar line to duke with them to make them a proper faction or at least something lol
Was in the same situation as you for along time & Yaki didn't offer any kind of mission. Then Split in my game went hard for the Xenon & decided to assist them & get the mission 'a Heart for Pirates' done (eliminate all Xenon in that Xenon alley). Finished it, but still no activity from Yaki. Split, Teladi & Argon traders did come to their station & Yaki builded ships & started getting more crew too.
Only after the Split claimed Savage Spur I, the Yaki awakened & started offering plenty of missions, among them a variety of build missions. Now there's 4 extra Yaki stations in Savage Spur I & a bunch of Split ones too (and a Split defense station, which laid claim to the sector)
Bonus, Split occasionally sent a war fleet through Savage Spur & causes a fight with the Terrans in Savage Spur II. Suspect Split do it to attack the few Argon holdings left in Getsu Fune, but their low rep with Terrans causes a fight with the Terran patrols...

In short, seems that the trigger to make Yaki wake up & offer missions is to let someone claim the sector (maybe player claiming it is enough, haven't tried this)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 31. May 23, 23:50

Mightysword wrote:
Sat, 27. May 23, 16:51
The only reason that happens because *you* made it happen.
Not quite true. I was proceeding through the Yaki plot on a previous play-through and a somewhat unfortunate event occurred. Basically, I was given a ship by the Yaki, but it wasn't cloaked so a (very) nearby Xenon shipyard started shooting it - note that the ship was NOT under my control initially, so this isn't down to me. It landed at the Yaki station, albeit damaged, but a lot of shots from the Xenon Shipyard also hit the Yaki station. Yaki station retaliates, resulting in both stations now ACTIVELY engaging each other with Drones being launched by both parties.

In the end the Yaki lost, their station was destroyed and that particular plot line sorta broke for me at that point. As still had things to do, but nowhere to actually do them. Station did not rebuild after several hours.

All that said, the Yaki do seem rather under-developed as a Faction, despite their interesting and unique origins.

KalisaFox
x4

Post by KalisaFox » Thu, 1. Jun 23, 10:45

having owned savage spur 1 for about 50 hours in gamme so far, no luck on the yaki missions so it must be npc factions which is a shame since no one is moving in, perhaps if i did the split plot and strengthed them they would, or bite the bullet and wipe out Hat claims in hatikvahs space so argon get a border to start spreading.

Return to “X4: Foundations”