Suicidal strategic Xenon AI ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

THE_TrashMan
x4

Suicidal strategic Xenon AI ?

Post by THE_TrashMan » Fri, 26. May 23, 09:14

I see entire xenon graveyards of xenon miners and fighters around some gates.
The xenon insist into trickling into a well-defended sectors with an entire gate-camping fleet, and send in fighters and miners one-by-one. I'm afraid they will ruin their economy long before I get the change to fight them.

That said, I am running some mods with news ships and weapons, so I guess non-xenon factions are stronger, which makes gate camping even easier... the xenon overall behavior is just horrible.
- Burning with Awesomeness

- Pontifex Maximus Panaidia Est Canicula Infernalis

Admiral Sausage

Re: Suicidal strategic Xenon AI ?

Post by Admiral Sausage » Fri, 26. May 23, 12:11

Other factions do this too. For instance multiple factions really want to use Tharka's Cascade as a trade route, even though most of the ships that try end up merely adding to the field of scrap there.

I wonder if this is why, in every game of X4 I've played all the way back to 1.0, HOP have done far better than the other factions. They have only a handful of sectors that are clustered together, and the don't trade with anyone else, so they don't lose all their ships on suicide missions.

LandogarX4
x4

Re: Suicidal strategic Xenon AI ?

Post by LandogarX4 » Fri, 26. May 23, 15:35

Surely it should be possible to have factions maintain dynamic blackslists based on the number of ships lost in each sector? That can't be computationally intensive.

Return to “X4: Foundations”