Erlking weapons concussion effect

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alt3rn1ty
x4

Erlking weapons concussion effect

Post by alt3rn1ty » Mon, 22. May 23, 08:16

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this, but if you are in a different ship in the vicinity of the Erlking, you can see a noticeable shake of your cockpit every time the Erlking fires its main weapons.

I saw my Erlking on patrol in GE1 heading towards a recently found Kha'ak Installation, there were also a bunch of MIN fighters heading in the same direction so I decided to save and then let it do its thing and see what happened. I was in a Hydra Regal and closed the distance to get a view of the battle.
I have never been outside the Erlking when it starts shooting, and noticed occasionally I had a weird jolt to the cockpit, at first I thought I had found a bug, but then noticed the jolts coincided with the Erlking firing its weapons .. I think its pretty cool that we would get like a concussion effect from them.

The MIN fighters took out most of the Kha'ak fighters launched before they got wiped out, and the Erlking picked off the last few, eventually also wiping out the Kha'ak Installation. I just sat back and watched amazed, the Erlking is pretty impressive at times even without player hands on just an AI 5* Pilot.
I have all the Erlking custom weapons installed, and put Annihilator mod on all turrets.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Zloth2
x4

Re: Erlking weapons concussion effect

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 24. May 23, 00:04

Scientifically highly dubious.... but very, very sweet. ;)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 24. May 23, 00:47

Zloth2 wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 00:04
Scientifically highly dubious.... but very, very sweet. ;)
:D Agreed, I haven't thought of an immersive dubious scientific excuse for the concussion yet. But it is what it is.
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

Seeker of Sohnen.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 24. May 23, 00:54

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 00:47
:D Agreed, I haven't thought of an immersive dubious scientific excuse for the concussion yet. But it is what it is.
The weapons are distorting space, which is causing the shaking. It isn't sound. That's also why you feel the shaking immediately instead of getting the lightning-then-eventually-thunder effect.

I expect warping space like that would have some nasty effects, but I don't know what those are off hand, thus I can pretend there are none. Probatur per ignorantiam! ;)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Wed, 24. May 23, 13:48

Zloth2 wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 00:54
alt3rn1ty wrote:
Wed, 24. May 23, 00:47
The weapons are distorting space, which is causing the shaking. It isn't sound. That's also why you feel the shaking immediately instead of getting the lightning-then-eventually-thunder effect.

I expect warping space like that would have some nasty effects, but I don't know what those are off hand, thus I can pretend there are none. Probatur per ignorantiam! ;)
:D Thats my Argumentum ad ignorantiam sorted.

Seeker of Sohnen.

Return to “X4: Foundations”