X4: Kingdom End and major 6.00 Update now available

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MakerLinux
x4

Re: X4: Kingdom End and major 6.00 Update now available

Post by MakerLinux » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 11:40

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 11:02
Roeleveld wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 10:41
Trying to complete my collection, I get the following message on Steam when trying to order the CoP CE:

Does this mean I will be charged again for the extra content?
No, it means you already have those items and therefore won't be charged for them. The message is not as clear as it could be, and we're in discussions with Steam to try to get them to improve it.
Oh. I fell for that and bought that twice them. I saw this warning but didn't think much of it. Not going to refund tho, because before I bought it was not flagged as purchased in my DLC list (I bought the collector's edition in 2019), and once I bought that changed. Besides that, although I had some criticism above, the Boron DLC is wonderful and the X4: Foundations is still my favorite game from thousands that I have, so you guys deserve it.
Brazilian Linux-only user living in Poland, https://steamcommunity.com/id/patolinux on Steam. PC I use for playing: Ryzen 7 7800X3D with 64 GB 6GHz DDR5 CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX, ArchLinux
Controllers: steam controller via Steam Input or HOTAS set: TSaitek X52 Pro + MFD F-16 + G29 pedals.
VR headset: Valve Index & Meta Quest 2. My other PC: Steam Deck OLD with nReal AIR AR headset

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 12:39

Matthew94 wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 21:20
Gregory wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:59
DJ_D wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:56
Since I already own the original Collectors edition, do I get access to the exclusive items aswell, or do I need to get the Community of Planets Collectors edition?
The new Community of Planets Collector's Edition includes the bonus content from the old Collector's Edition, but adds additional, new bonus content on top. On Steam you are be able to "complete the bundle" to get everything, at a discount. You'll only be paying for what's missing in your collection.
I guess GOG doesn't support a similar upgrade path?
It doesn't.

Basically, as it stands right now for Original CE (OG CE) holders, Steam offers X4 Kingdom End xpac (X4 KE) and Community of Planets Collector Edition Upgrade (CoP CE+), GOG only offers X4 Kingdom End xpac (X4 KE)

CoP CE+ is available on Steam for about AUD7.50, it includes all the OG CE content plus all the new CoP CE content. There is also a 20% "bundle" discount so the the price for X4 KE, X4 KE Soundtrack, and CoP CE+ is about AUD35.

CoP CE+ isn't available on GOG, users who purchased the OG CE can buy the X4 KE expac and X4 KE soundtrack separately for about AUD36. GOG users who want the CoP CE content must purchase the entire package, currently on special for about AUD103. Only the CoP CE (or upgrade) will give a serial for the new content. The OG CE on GOG had a serial which came with the game, so it could be registered on the Egosoft website, the new CoP CE has the same deal.

Edit: I should mention I intend on playing through GOG so I've bought the KE xpac and KE soundtrack hoping a CoP CE upgrade is released at some stage, I mainly purchase X4 on Steam to support the game.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Kriemfield
x4

Post by Kriemfield » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 12:55

CBJ wrote:
Roeleveld wrote:
Trying to complete my collection, I get the following message on Steam when trying to order the CoP CE:

No, it means you already have those items and therefore won't be charged for them. The message is not as clear as it could be, and we're in discussions with Steam to try to get them to improve it.
Hello ! Does that mean I can purchase the X4: Community of Planets Collector's Edition bundle safely (meaning get everything) with the "already owned" error for the bonus content (I would really enjoy getting the other novel called Farnham's Legend, since I only have Nopileos from the previous collector) or should I wait for that issue to be solved ? Is there a way to get notified once it is working properly ? As you can see I am a bit confused, thanks !

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 12:58

There is no issue to be solved. It's working fine; it's just that the wording isn't clear. Go ahead and buy. :)

Kriemfield
x4

Post by Kriemfield » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 14:08

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 12:58
There is no issue to be solved. It's working fine; it's just that the wording isn't clear. Go ahead and buy. :)
I just finished buying it and it looks like I have everything indeed. Thanks ! I am excited to try the game with all DLCs now ! :D

Ebany
x4

Post by Ebany » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 15:50

Kriemfield wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 12:55
CBJ wrote:
Roeleveld wrote:

Hello ! Does that mean I can purchase the X4: Community of Planets Collector's Edition bundle safely (meaning get everything) with the "already owned" error for the bonus content (I would really enjoy getting the other novel called Farnham's Legend, since I only have Nopileos from the previous collector) or should I wait for that issue to be solved ? Is there a way to get notified once it is working properly ? As you can see I am a bit confused, thanks !
This is a standard message anytime someone purchases a bundle containing items they already own, it's saying you don't get duplicates to sell or trade. Below are the items you'd own from the X4 Collectors Ed.

As per the Steam site The Original X4 Foundations Collector's Edition Content includes:
*Access to the first two expansions for X4: Foundations: X4: Split Vendetta (2020) and X4: Cradle of Humanity (2021)
*The X Universe Digital Artbook 2018: Enjoy the concept art behind the X universe.
*X Novel: Nopileos by Helge Kautz as English and German eBook.
*Digital Soundtrack: Download the music, including exclusive versions of the trailer and teaser music in highest possible quality, for X4: Foundations, X4: Split Vendetta and X4: Cradle of Humanity.
*X Encyclopedia.

All these items (and more) come in the new Community of Planets CE content. Since trading/gifting is such a big thing on Steam they are making certain the purchaser understands duplicate items from bundles aren't allowed, hence they're lost. Normally if someone tried to purchase duplicate items individually (outside bundles) then the system will only allow it as a "gift" purchase.
He who bends himself a joy
Does the winged life destroy,
But he who kisses joy as it flies
Lives in eternities sunrise.

Alm888
x4

Post by Alm888 » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 18:02

My congratulations to all Ukrainians for the long-awaited release of the new expansion!
It has been a year, so…
What exactly has been done to "End the War in Ukraine"?

Maybe it is finally the time to add Ukrainian language to the game, at least?

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 18:45

Qestion - if I continue pre 6.0 save will I have acess to both Qeendom and Provinces Adrift, or does unlocking access to Qeendom is standard plot?

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 22:35

mr.WHO wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 18:45
Qestion - if I continue pre 6.0 save will I have acess to both Qeendom and Provinces Adrift, or does unlocking access to Qeendom is standard plot?
You will have access to Provinces Adrift, but access to Kingdom End is locked behind the plot.

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 06:53

New DLC X4:KE is really nice. thx Ego. Have a good profitsss.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 21:42

Just entered Kingdom End ... goosebumps. Nicely done Egosoft :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

x30n
x4

Post by x30n » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 21:49

Ebany wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 12:39
I guess GOG doesn't support a similar upgrade path?
It doesn't.
That's a bit of a disappointment.

@Egosoft, are there plans to fix this?

cu
Roman
i7700K @ 4.8 GHz / 32 GB RAM / nvidia 1080 GTX 8 GB / Linux

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 10:50

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 13. Apr 23, 13:40
Unfortunately, GOG doesn't support such a "complete your bundle" system.
We'll look into potentially offering that Bonus Content as an individual purchase on GOG, but I can't make any promises and definitely no timing prediction.

x30n
x4

Post by x30n » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 17:39

Thanks a lot. Sorry I missed this one.
i7700K @ 4.8 GHz / 32 GB RAM / nvidia 1080 GTX 8 GB / Linux

Chips
x4

Post by Chips » Mon, 17. Apr 23, 21:44

Bought X4 when it was released, but did not play it - also bought rebirth but never really played that either; addicted to other games at the time.

However, the big changes (that were brave given the backlash) are brilliant. Loving it :) Back to being addicted :D Thank you \o/

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Tue, 18. Apr 23, 22:28

Just bought the full Collectors edition on GOG (I know, mad, I already have most of it .. just want to support Egosoft).

When it comes to registration of the new collectors edition, we dont get a new profile icon ..

Screenshot - https://i.imgur.com/swzXUl6.png

Its basicly the same goldish looking one (both in the screenshot were purchased on GOG, but only one shows GOG COM, and the icon in both cases is goldish coloured), is that correct?

Edit: Not a problem, just wondering :D
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

BaronDeKalb
x4

Post by BaronDeKalb » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 12:34

Just had to drop a line of congrats to the whole x4 team, on Kingdom End it's great, spot on, you nailed it :) Thanks very much.

The only issue I ran into was some stuttering at first but i set everything to off or low down to and including glow then one at a time back to max and the issue went away totally.

Thanks again for the great return of the Boron :) (yeah i was a bit emotional when i first entered Kingdom End)

Baron

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Wed, 19. Apr 23, 22:09

Gregory wrote:
Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:37

[..]
While the Community of Planets Edition is quite self-explanatory, in that it includes only game content, we have a summary image for the new Collector's Edition that shows you what's included.
Hey Gregory - hope the busy release days are a bit more managable now =)

Quick question - I bought the GOG CE and got almost all the additional content. (new new artbook, KE soundtracks & the like) But I don't have the new paintjob "Perlenperspektive" yet.

What I tried so far:
  • Loggin in & out in the game
Any advice? I also own the original CE on GOG - and GOG merged them. Do I have to register the new CE key here as well? (bit hestiant on that step - I don't want to loose my original CE paintjobs...)

Thanks for the awesome DLC to the whole team - great job :thumb_up:

Spoiler
Show

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 10:42

chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 22:09
Do I have to register the new CE key here as well?
Yes, most likely this is the step that's missing on your end.
Here's our description of the process on GOG's product store page:
To access your bonus content through GOG, please register your game on our forum:
1. Visit https://www.gog.com/account and click on X4. Navigate to "more" and "Serial Keys" to find the serial key you will need to register your purchase.
2. Visit ucp.php?i=-egosoft-settings-ucp-gamereg ... de=gamereg and enter the serial key you found on GOG.com into the "Game Registration Code" field at the bottom. Click "Submit" to register your game.
3. After registration, your Yasur light fighter ship will be waiting for you in the in-game Venture Inventory once the Multiverse Team Seasons start. The other bonus content will be downloadable from the "Extras" section of your copy of X4 in GOG Galaxy or gog.com.

To access your Yasur, your save game must first be converted to an online save game. Playing online "Ventures" requires you to opt in to the "Multiverse Team Seasons" public beta, which will launch at a later date. You will also need to register an Egosoft account, connect your game to your Egosoft account in your User Control Panel and log in in-game using this account.

To access your exclusive Pearl Prospect paintmod (10 copies per savegame), you will need to register an Egosoft account, connect your game to your Egosoft account in your User Control Panel and log in in-game using this account. Once unlocked, you won't need to be connected to the internet to use the paintmod in X4.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Thu, 20. Apr 23, 15:35

Gregory wrote:
Thu, 20. Apr 23, 10:42
chew-ie wrote:
Wed, 19. Apr 23, 22:09
Do I have to register the new CE key here as well?
Yes, most likely this is the step that's missing on your end.
Thanks for the confirmation - the how-to was clear to me, I only couldn't tell if adding more then one key for one game has any ill effects. I've no registered 3 X4 keys and it worked without loosing anything :)

Spoiler
Show

Return to “X4: Foundations”