the Old xenon models.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

solarie99
x4

the Old xenon models.

Post by solarie99 » Sat, 1. Apr 23, 20:03

Hello there,
would it be possible to have a return of the old "flat" xenon ship models instead of the bug ships they have now.
the old ones look more menacing and better.

have it say as an payed option down the road after boron exp and patches.

LameFox
x4

Re: the Old xenon models.

Post by LameFox » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 05:22

It would be interesting to someday encounter some relict Xenon which did not undergo the 'evolution' which made the current ones non-flyable. Partly because I like their ship models better, but also, I miss the way capturing and reverse engineering Xenon ships provided me with a kind of end game activity in X3 that doesn't really exist in X4.

Of course, we don't even have reverse engineering yet for that to work.
***modified***

solarie99
x4

Post by solarie99 » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 13:08

LameFox wrote:
Sun, 2. Apr 23, 05:22
It would be interesting to someday encounter some relict Xenon which did not undergo the 'evolution' which made the current ones non-flyable.
yeah that would also be a interesting idea to have a mix of them and the old ones are mostly found in deep xenon sectors.

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tranxalive » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 16:32

I really, really wish that was possible. But unfortunately it just doesn’t fit in with the lore… :( Maybe we might see them as a unique ship reward from the Multiverse Team Seasons, since Bernd mentioned that was a possible reward from those. :)

The reason it wouldn’t work for the lore is because the entirety of the Xenon (from roughly after X2) was controlled by #efaa, a Xenon CPU Ship. (They command and process everything. They basically are the center of a hivemind, although there are multiple at once.) #efaa slowly gained sentience over the years, and during X3 Terran Conflict they finally achieved full, and true sentience. You may remember them from the A New Home plot line where they appear in UJD sectors and ask the player to save their fellow CPU ship, #cafe.

After the game, and shortly before Albion Prelude, #efaa agreed to cease all hostilities and move all Xenon to a Boron preserve. While they were on their way, a group of angry pilots attacked and killed #efaa, removing their control over the Xenon, and deactivated them. Unfortunately, the Beryll Corporation’s Swarm AGI, which were fighting the Terrans, took control of all the Xenon ships, and due to their purpose and cheap construction, they will never gain true sentience, and will always be an enemy. Oh. And they also had a complete redesign of every Xenon ship. Though, it is interesting to point out that the Xenon M actually remains untouched, it’s just been upgraded into the Xenon L.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 16:36

I've never really liked the pill bug look of the Xenon, ever since I saw them in Rebirth. I much prefer the old X3 Xenon ship style.

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tranxalive » Sun, 2. Apr 23, 18:00

Falcrack wrote:
Sun, 2. Apr 23, 16:36
I've never really liked the pill bug look of the Xenon, ever since I saw them in Rebirth. I much prefer the old X3 Xenon ship style.
Eh. They're okay. It really makes them look very... divergent? They're not even following any standards anymore. But yes, I do agree.

Return to “X4: Foundations”