Feature Request, Abandon Ship

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ccflash
x4

Feature Request, Abandon Ship

Post by ccflash » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 16:07

K so I am commanding my Flagship Asgard. Flanked by my 4 other Asgards i built. I got 2 raptors full with 200 fighters and over 20 Katana Corvettes.
(with great excitement after a week of work)
I order the attack against a xenon station. I have all this in different fleets so we come in on different angles.
I travel drive in and order full stop about 50km from the Xenon Destroyer I and the rest of the bastards flanking fleet. They have spotted me and are heading on a intercept course. When in range I open fire instantly killing its shields and I want to teleport over to a second Asgards to finish it off.
and.. I realize my idiot Asgards pilots stopped travel drive way to early about 200km from the battle... I am on my own. Xenon start shredding my fighters and corvettes.
All hell is breaking loose. I focus Fire on the Xenon Destroyer. If I can just finish it off I should be fine. Xenon turrets start to shred my shields and I know there wont be any hope for my Asgard.
I leave the front console head to my Astrid and undock just in-time to watch my flagship explode and see over 300 of its crew go down with it.
If i had the sense to know it was hopeless I kinda wish i could have saved the crew...
It would be nice to order a "abandon ship"; then crew launches escape pods? Its usually the captain who goes down with the ship. Not the captain leaving and everyone else dies...
Last edited by ccflash on Tue, 28. Mar 23, 16:48, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Feature Request, Abandon Ship

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 16:34

So 300 crew means 60+ escape pods, and each perhaps a slow or static target for the Xenon to mop up (in a purely Xenon sector where there is probably no safe haven for them to go to). I think you might just be extending the period of loss but for very little gain.

Or did you mean them as a diversion to let your other ships escape? (What a dastardly plan!).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ccflash
x4

Post by ccflash » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 16:51

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 28. Mar 23, 16:34
So 300 crew means 60+ escape pods, and each perhaps a slow or static target for the Xenon to mop up (in a purely Xenon sector where there is probably no safe haven for them to go to). I think you might just be extending the period of loss but for very little gain.

Or did you mean them as a diversion to let your other ships escape? (What a dastardly plan!).
I had 4 other asgards. I was gonna win that fight for sure.. I'm gonna reload this morning and try again this time bringing my whole fleet in the fight... but seriously they should abandon ship and we then pick up the escape pods later.. the crew on my flagship had really good ppl that leveled up..

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 17:39

You could pause the game and transfer crews before the destruction.
To be honest, moving crews from 60 floating pods is worse than having them killed for me.
Construction ships could mass produce them anyway.

ccflash
x4

Post by ccflash » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 19:30

flywlyx wrote:
Tue, 28. Mar 23, 17:39
You could pause the game and transfer crews before the destruction.
To be honest, moving crews from 60 floating pods is worse than having them killed for me.
Construction ships could mass produce them anyway.
aww that sucks... really not lore friendly.. I think it would add so much to the game like rescue missions or prisoners of war..

Return to “X4: Foundations”