Add Option to play Without the old Ships

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kabalake
x4

Add Option to play Without the old Ships

Post by Kabalake » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 01:43

Hello,

i have the wish to Deaktivate the Old Models of Paranid ships and the old Contructor ships to play Only with the New one.

Possible as Option in a New Gamestart?

Axeface
x4

Re: Add Option to play Without the old Ships

Post by Axeface » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 02:52

I was going to try to make a mod to get rid of them - I really want them gone. I thin in a new game the blueprints arnt available? Im not sure, but even then are some leftovers in the game like the derelict Odysseus. Really wish that those old ships would just go away.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 02:55

Nevermind, I started a new game and the old ships are still there to buy... even the 'E' names remind me of the old ones. I would really suggest that egosoft remove the old ones more thoroughly.

Kackstift
x4

Post by Kackstift » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 09:58

My Wharf build nearly 100% of all PAR HOP.. in my game TRI ships and i dont buy the blueprint for the old L and XL ships.. i havent seen a old one since i desided total war for TRI

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 10:39

As per the forum rules for the Public Beta Feedback forum, feature requests don't belong in there. Moved to the main forum.

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 11:49

HOP and PAR only build the E models anyway since they were introduced so there's no need to cut them from the game or add the option to do so because they effectively already are.
It's a feature no one needs (or in other words a waste of developer time to implement).
The only way they're showing up in your universe in a new save is if you buy or build them yourself. If you don't want them just ignore them like you do all the other ships you never use.

For constructers there's just new skins for the Heracles, Albatross, Elephant and Kyushu (instead of all builders using the Mammoth model). The old model is still in use for the Mammoth and Gannascus.
Any old builders you have in a save got updated to the new model already if applicable and any new ones you buy will have that model. So there's nothing to remove.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 11:56

I'd also say this is already implemented. Starting a new game will shield you from having to see the old models. And the derelict once can either be used as target practise or left to rot where it is.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 11:59

blackphoenixx wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 11:49
HOP and PAR only build the E models anyway since they were introduced so there's no need to cut them from the game or add the option to do so because they effectively already are.
It's a feature no one needs (or in other words a waste of developer time to implement).
The only way they're showing up in your universe in a new save is if you buy or build them yourself. If you don't want them just ignore them like you do all the other ships you never use.

For constructers there's just new skins for the Heracles, Albatross, Elephant and Kyushu (instead of all builders using the Mammoth model). The old model is still in use for the Mammoth and Gannascus.
Any old builders you have in a save got updated to the new model already if applicable and any new ones you buy will have that model. So there's nothing to remove.
Their presence even just in the menu makes the game feel janky, consistency is important. And the devs (I think) could make the blueprint only show up in the build menu for people that already own it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 12:14

Heh, on this strict basis I should lose my pet Syn (my favourite sector-invader) as the TER gave it to me because the design was obsolete and they didn't really want it any more. :D

I don't see the problem with seeing old designs in-game myself. Just look on the roads and you will likely see older designs and bodyshapes of current new car models still being driven around.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Belphegor2_3
x4

Post by Belphegor2_3 » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 12:52

Kabalake wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 01:43
i have the wish to Deaktivate the Old Models of Paranid ships and the old Contructor ships to play Only with the New one.

Possible as Option in a New Gamestart?
As long as this is just an option, I see no reason to oppose. But, well, why ?
As long as I'm concerned I still use the former versions of some of them because they are better for the usage I have. I don't think there is any interest in removing the ones I don't use just because I don't use them.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to remove them of the or your game ?

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 13:39

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 12:14
I don't see the problem with seeing old designs in-game myself. Just look on the roads and you will likely see older designs and bodyshapes of current new car models still being driven around.
+1 :thumb_up:

Axeface wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 11:59
Their presence even just in the menu makes the game feel janky, consistency is important. And the devs (I think) could make the blueprint only show up in the build menu for people that already own it.
Most of the ship types I never buy, build, have, nor have paid for blueprints. Should Egosoft remove all the types that I don't need?

blackphoenixx wrote:
I do still have HOP and PAR and hence their "War Guild" missions.
When PAR offers fixed reward Fleet Assembly mission, it continues to request (in 5.10):
1 * Zeus Vanguard
1 * Odysseus E
2 * Gorgon Vanguard

Granted, they are "built by me" (and tend to do something suicidal, so won't linger around long).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 25. Mar 23, 15:56

Axeface wrote:
Sat, 25. Mar 23, 11:59
blackphoenixx wrote:

It would be much consictent if old models would still be flying around on new game starts and ship building would gradually shift towards new models.

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 03:53

They exist for game compatibility, they will all slowly phase out on their own as the factions won’t build new ones

New game will be all new models

But if your continuing a save from another patch then they will be around til they’re destroyed

Return to “X4: Foundations”