A matter of utmost gravity

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

A matter of utmost gravity

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 17:29

I picked up the box of bombs. There where six and that was all the bombs I got.

I got through the maze, hit the switches and watched the cinematics.

Only problem is, I have used five bombs and still require two more. I place my final bomb, then teleport out and make 4 bombs.
I set the mission to inactive and try to get back inside to place the last bomb. Nah can't do that, Dal Busted head keeps interrupting and goes down the plot line where I am not going to blow up the Apotheosis.

Any suggestions on how to place the last bomb and blow the place up?
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: A matter of utmost gravity

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 17:45

No idea how to recover when the plot mission is out of kilter, but how did you use up 5 bombs in the maze and switches? I just used the suit blaster throughout and then the two bombs you can get from the box for the mission end-game.

Do you not have a save from just before starting the maze?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 17:51

The room with the paranid tubes in required 5 bombs to blow them up. I did not really check so I may have had some bombs already. No stupid me saved just after blowing the tubes up.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 18:09

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Tue, 21. Mar 23, 17:51
No stupid me saved just after blowing the tubes up.
What, no previous save? :o

Are you playing "ironman" style?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 19:06

You had to bomb the cocoons, really? I just shot the locks on them with the suit blaster, but that was a while ago mind.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 20:42

Right I have a tendency to use F5 as my save. My other saves are days old and I would rather not reload from there.

Yeah the cocoons they had targets for bombs on 5 of them, so I blew them up... yeah trigger happy, I know.

This is a plot I have saved for a long time in this game and it's now a complete mess. :cry:

Are well never mind.

Crentax
x4

Post by Crentax » Mon, 5. Jun 23, 23:33

Just spent hours doing this quest and got to the clamp switches and all I get is a message saying they are self repairing. I've tried shooting them, blowing them up and EMP bombs with no luck. Any ideas????

Gimbutz
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gimbutz » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 00:17

Crentax wrote:
Mon, 5. Jun 23, 23:33
Just spent hours doing this quest and got to the clamp switches and all I get is a message saying they are self repairing. I've tried shooting them, blowing them up and EMP bombs with no luck. Any ideas????
Continue with the main objective and these special switches will become shootable.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 05:36

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Tue, 21. Mar 23, 17:51
The room with the paranid tubes in required 5 bombs to blow them up. I did not really check so I may have had some bombs already. No stupid me saved just after blowing the tubes up.
If you still have the one spare bomb, try this:

Place it at one of the mission targets, then pick it up again (right click menu). Then place it again. This has made Dal erroneously think both bombs have been placed for me in the past. I don't know if it will properly continue the mission, but it's worth a shot.

-edit: Just noticed it's an old topic, going to leave the post in case anyone else runs into a similar issue.

Crentax
x4

Post by Crentax » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 13:27

Have shot all 5 switches to open way to secure clamp, mission objective now says destroy secure clamp but when I shoot the switches it tells me self repair activated and I could shoot these things all day and they will not switch off.

Solved it, one of the life pods apparently survived the bomb and I didn't notice. Still think this quest is a pain in the ass either way.
Last edited by Crentax on Tue, 6. Jun 23, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 6. Jun 23, 13:34

Have you opened their guard screens by shooting the switches by the door in the cocoon room?

Return to “X4: Foundations”