Bug? Intended Behavior? "No trades found in allowed sectors"

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

alienkhan
x4

Bug? Intended Behavior? "No trades found in allowed sectors"

Post by alienkhan » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 15:01

Hi friends!

I'm unsure whether or not this is a bug, so I'm posting in the general forum. I used the local autotrade behavior in Eighteen Billion as I noticed the Ministry Wharf and Shipyards weren't being supplied, and I wanted to increase my reputation with them. I had a courier handy so I set it up as a local autotrader trading in Advanced Electronics. The trader, however, never managed to move any goods.

Screenshot with wares:
https://preview.redd.it/onjhccdevwoa1.p ... c9e3976a18

Trader settings:

https://preview.redd.it/2agtpqcewwoa1.p ... 36ee87f854

No relevant global orders apply. Manual trades go through, no problem. They will also sell if I manually buy. I posted on reddit, seeking advice, and there wasn't a clear consensus on why the trader wasn't trading. Three plausible explanations: pilot skill is too low to make use of the low margin trade; the station that sells them has too low volume to be seen as profitable; the buy price is above average, so the pilot ignores the trade.

I'd appreciate confirmation on any of these hypotheses and an explanation of the relevant mechanic if it isn't a bug. My current workaround, as someone suggested, is through repeat orders, which has been working fine!
I'm the best damn interloper this side of the galaxy!

Bug Report Info: DxDiag VulkanInfo

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Bug? Intended Behavior? "No trades found in allowed sectors"

Post by CBJ » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 15:04

It could be an issue with whatever blacklists you've set up, but that's just a wild guess as it's impossible to see from your screenshots. People would have a much better chance of being able to tell you what the problem was if you uploaded a savegame. :)

alienkhan
x4

Re: Bug? Intended Behavior? "No trades found in allowed sectors"

Post by alienkhan » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 15:58

Oh! Sorry! I'd mentioned there were no relevant global orders; I didn't think someone would want to go through the trouble of going through a save. He doesn't have any individual orders, and the only global order is to avoid xenon sectors.

Here's the save, and the ship in question is the Tentative Friend.

EDIT: He'd had the orders for about five hours, in this save, I think, and the one sale in the log was manual.

Thanks!
I'm the best damn interloper this side of the galaxy!

Bug Report Info: DxDiag VulkanInfo

Return to “X4: Foundations”