About the Xenon

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Toshis8

About the Xenon

Post by Toshis8 » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 14:56

I wonder, are we going to see the comeback of that giant space battery (a.k.a xenon carrier/terraforming ship)? Have developers any plans for it? I know you can find one wreck of it, but thats just a wreck. Might be interesting to have a rare encounter of active one.

Also, I am a bit curious, what does "branch 9" stand for? What is the lore behind? I assume its some sort of iteration or evolution of xenon ships, but then what about other branches? Would it be possible to see conflict between different xenon branches?

edit:
Usually xenon P are called "raiding party", but in rare occasion you can find "combat engineer P". I wonder what is the purpose of those?

dtpsprt
x4

Re: About the Xenon

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 20:35

The Gate shutdown isolated the Xenon, the same with the other races. Branch 9 is the version of Xenon in X4 Universe. As far as lore is concerned.

As for the Combat Engineers I too am curious what's their difference, especially since I see them in other factions too, along with saboteurs (in V6.0 BETA)...

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 22:36

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 20:35
As for the Combat Engineers I too am curious what's their difference, especially since I see them in other factions too, along with saboteurs (in V6.0 BETA)...
Looks like their job is to deploy static defenses.

Toshis8

Post by Toshis8 » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 23:50

TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 22:36
dtpsprt wrote:
Like mines and laser towers? Havent noticed those belonging to xenon.

bufi
x4

Post by bufi » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 00:01

Toshis8 wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 23:50
TheDeliveryMan wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 22:36
dtpsprt wrote:
Like mines and laser towers? Havent noticed those belonging to xenon.

In Family Zhin next to Xenon sector, they dropped two "Friend/Foe mine" - Owner - Xenon, in my game.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 09:53

You can encounter seemingly random small amounts of Xenon mines even in release versions. They are generated, I think, by some mine-disposal missions as enemy mines to clear or get past. Leftovers sometimes occur from mission action or normal NPC ship encounters which might explain the small amounts seen.

Some good news about them is that they count as Xenon ships for the purposes of the well-rewarded 'Kill x Xenon ships of any type' missions.

It would be nice though to see some factions intentionally using mines and minefields aggressively or defensively in future version gameplay.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”