[Request] "Sound from camera" mixing slider

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

user1679

[Request] "Sound from camera" mixing slider

Post by user1679 » Fri, 17. Mar 23, 04:43

Request:

A "sound from camera" mixing slider added to the sound settings

Details:

Currently if you are standing on ship A and you use F3 to watch a battle from ship B, the ambient / engine / weapon sounds from ship A overpower those from the scene you're spying on. The proposed slider would mix the audio listener from the player's perspective with the camera perspective based on the % set. This mixer setting would apply to all sliders.

Using the base slider as the mixing target (max) and dividing it between the two listeners (instead of adding % from the camera) would help the player keep the total volume at the expected level.

Example:

I set the "effects" volume to 50%, then I set the "sound from camera" slider to 80%. When I am in normal view (F1 or F2) then the sound is played at the full "effect" setting. If I switch to external view (F3) the volume is played with a mix of audio from the camera listener at (50% * .8 ) and player listener at (50% * .2).

Setting the "effects" volume to 80% and the "sound from camera" slider to 100% would naturally result in (80% * 1) for camera listener and (80% * 0) for player listener

Return to “X4: Foundations”