My current game and a question

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sebashaw
x4

My current game and a question

Post by sebashaw » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 21:54

Start: The Young Gun, no mods, v. 5.10.

After 15 hours and 36 minutes I barely managed to improve my Elite, its captain has Piloting and Morale stuck at 2,75, the courier I ordered in Argon Prime hasn't been constructed after 2 hours, apparently, the wharf is not receiving any supply.
The various missions seem more scarce and less profitable, the rewards of piloting seminars are way rarer as well.
Overall, the game seems became more slow.
Is this intended?

flywlyx
x4

Re: My current game and a question

Post by flywlyx » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 22:13

Yes. the pilot level is designed to be stuck around 3 stars, it should be really hard to upgrade above 3 stars.
You might want to check the stock of the Argon Wharf, they might have material supply issues now and then. This is how you make a profit in most cases.
Unless you choose the exploited game style like pirating, X4 is a quite slow game, especially at the beginning stage.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 22:14

"the game seems became more slow." Than what? Vanilla 5.10 release gameplay has been pretty much unchanged apart from a few bug fixes since April 2022.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

sebashaw
x4

Post by sebashaw » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 22:23

I know that this is a slow game, but now it seems slower.
I also noticed that the captains can lose their skills, in my previous game I had a miner that went to morale 2,75 from morale 3 while he WAS WORKING.
This means that I couldn't give him another order, or he couldn't return to use the Advance Automine.
Also the skills of the crew weren't improving.
"the game seems became more slow." Than what? Vanilla 5.10 release gameplay has been pretty much unchanged apart from a few bug fixes since April 2022.
Maybe it's a my impression, but I hadn't these problem before.
For example, the rewards with piloting seminars were more common.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 16. Mar 23, 23:01

sebashaw wrote:
Thu, 16. Mar 23, 22:23
Maybe it's a my impression, but I hadn't these problem before.
For example, the rewards with piloting seminars were more common.
Have you played 5.10 the whole time (16 ingame hours)?
Is this possibly a case of subjective perception -- the "patterns" we tend to see in random data?

The Argon Wharf did tell what resources it is missing. If you try to purchase an another ship, it will show what it is still missing -- no need to actually order.
The Elite might not be able to carry much, but even one by one you could haul the missing materials.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 06:31

Ships are built from materials produced from resources mined and processed up the tech tree.
The difficulties you are experiencing are a reflection of the economy of that race in general.
The economies of all the races (Except for Pirates I think) are a simulated interconnected web.
This will differ game to game.
If you understand everything is interconnected, you should realise it is all subject to player intervention.
Shortages can be opportunities for profit or they can be used as a weapon.
Good luck.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 18. Mar 23, 10:21

OK... OP it seems you are missing on some "details" of the game.

To begin with the Elite, like most of the starter ships is just that... starter. It's capabilities are doubtful at least no matter what you try to do to it, add on it or modify on it.

Then you have missed some great opportunities for making some (not much) early money. I always start with finding and opening Data Vaults. Depending on their type they'll give 200-500K cash plus modparts, general inventory items and SETA components. Opening about 3-4 of them will furnish the player with some 1.5 mill, enough to buy a "rudimental" miner to put on work where the resources are more needed and bring some more (much needed) cash.

If your rep is low with the factions you'll not see 2 star seminar missions from them. For that reason don't be afraid to take some risks and do some high risk/reward missions to build your rep. The miner also helps building your reputation. On this subject I'd advise building rep 10 with the Teladi as soon as possible because then you have access to their Guild missions. They have the best by far of all three factions that give Guild missions (TEL, ANT and PIO) and you find them in more sectors than any other faction.

True, a commercial pilot wcan loose morale if they have had some consecutive bad sales. Unfortunately for miners any sale that is below the average price of the resource is consider as done with loss, even though the miner gets the resources for free...

And all of this is capped by the seed that your game started with, which is random...

sebashaw
x4

Post by sebashaw » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 14:01

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 18. Mar 23, 10:21

True, a commercial pilot wcan loose morale if they have had some consecutive bad sales. Unfortunately for miners any sale that is below the average price of the resource is consider as done with loss, even though the miner gets the resources for free...
This is what I didn't know, thanks!

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 20. Mar 23, 18:14

sebashaw wrote:
Mon, 20. Mar 23, 14:01
dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 18. Mar 23, 10:21

This is what I didn't know, thanks!
This is why you'll see people in threads moaning about moving their miners here and there... Unfortunately many people believe that all the others have their experience and knowledge...

Return to “X4: Foundations”