Why is the player alone

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr.Killer
x4

Why is the player alone

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 12:59

Been always up for beta testing, but things in the game seems to be off! I know EGOSOFT is not gonna change that, because some people find it fun to wreak havoc in a game, while the goal purpose of a game is to have fun, be unique and not just shooting all the time at everyone.
Earlier I mentioned that I hate going against the two brothers on their Astrid and as a result the whole game that was littered with Vigor Syndicate, turned their weapons at every little vulnerable ship I had, without any help from any ally.
This scenario I replayed, but now I went on with them two 'entrepeneurs' but found myself in a similar predicament. Killing someone in a ship AND then kill some manager in a station? needing to disable all security? That last part is not the problem, the part where again, the whole Vigor Syndicate turns against you is the problem. Attacking one of their stations does not go unnoticed.

So, EGOSOFT, I really do not understand why the Khaak, the Xenon, some pirates (never saw anyone of them in X4) and the Yaki are not enough enemies to use. Why can't we just build, think, trade and find here and there a threath to fight?
Everytime we start a new game, we end up in the same scripted story YOU wants us to go into.

I'm stopping, I feel no more fun in this game, and it saddens me so much, maybe in a year or so I will again look at it.

Bye
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Why is the player alone

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 14:31

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sat, 4. Feb 23, 12:59
Everytime we start a new game, we end up in the same scripted story YOU wants us to go into.
No one forces you to play the plots and there is also the custom start where you can set plots to a completed state.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 15:02

Indeed (what TheDeliveryMan wrote), it's a sandbox game meaning you can do whatever you want. And if that is not possible in a vanilla game then check the Script & Modding Forum. We have a very strong and friendly modding community. ;-)

In my games I never follow any missions (except during testing). For example, to gain reputation I got a script that spawns Xenon which I kite near a station and then shoot them. Do that a few time and you get promoted, can buy blueprints etc.. Another mod I use is the AutoTrader which provides (over time) enough credits to hire (later buy) a builder and then start building in free (read: not owned) systems. From there you can build up a small trading empire and eventually a decent battle fleet to conquer systems, destroy your enemies.

You got the drift ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 16:08

Part of the problem is the ToA plot actually does lock gear behind it, in this case the Astrid and the larger Protectyon storage.
Also afaik ToA plots is still not in the custom game start yet, though I'm hoping that would change with the Boron DLC. And hopefully they'll add terraforming into customs too.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 16:50

euclid wrote:
Sat, 4. Feb 23, 15:02
Indeed (what TheDeliveryMan wrote), it's a sandbox game meaning you can do whatever you want.
Raptor34 wrote:
Sat, 4. Feb 23, 16:08
Part of the problem is the ToA plot actually does lock gear behind it
"Can do whatever", but if that means the use of that gear in vanilla, then one must do that plot.
Just like one must tolerate Boso Ta and Dal Busta for some other gear. :shock:
The "whatever" has strings attached.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

As25
x4

Post by As25 » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 16:51

I'm not sure if I understand you OP. But I do agree that allies don't really help. The reputation system is little more than a barrier for what you can and can't buy. It would be cool if you could actually communicate with the leaders of a faction, specially around 27 rep, when you can see the faction's orders. That way you could request for help or things like that. For example, I like to help ZYA against the Xenon, and yet not matter how much I support them, they will never assist me with anything in the game. If I went to war with a faction for example, there is no way to add allies to your war.

And super annoyingly. If you are at war with someone, and that someone is neutral with the race you or your assets are currently in. Regardless of who attacks first, the sectors' owners always turn on you, even if you are at +30 rep with them. Like you could be +30 with Argon, sitting in Hatikvah's Choice, helping them with the Xenon, yet this random Teladi shows up (lets say you are at war with the Teladi), he shoots you, you or your ships shoot back, and now, the Argon, the very same you were helping 2 minutes ago, the ones you have maximum rep with, turn against you. What?.

If your HQ were attacked, they will never send a fleet to assist you. Because there is no way to ask for that.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 17:09

Mr.Killer wrote:
Sat, 4. Feb 23, 12:59
Been always up for beta testing, but things in the game seems to be off! I know EGOSOFT is not gonna change that, because some people find it fun to wreak havoc in a game, while the goal purpose of a game is to have fun, be unique and not just shooting all the time at everyone.
Earlier I mentioned that I hate going against the two brothers on their Astrid and as a result the whole game that was littered with Vigor Syndicate, turned their weapons at every little vulnerable ship I had, without any help from any ally.
This scenario I replayed, but now I went on with them two 'entrepeneurs' but found myself in a similar predicament. Killing someone in a ship AND then kill some manager in a station? needing to disable all security? That last part is not the problem, the part where again, the whole Vigor Syndicate turns against you is the problem. Attacking one of their stations does not go unnoticed.

So, EGOSOFT, I really do not understand why the Khaak, the Xenon, some pirates (never saw anyone of them in X4) and the Yaki are not enough enemies to use. Why can't we just build, think, trade and find here and there a threath to fight?

I'm stopping, I feel no more fun in this game, and it saddens me so much, maybe in a year or so I will again look at it.

Bye
You won't find anyone more sympathetic than me in these views. A small advise if you like so that you'll not be "left out" from a great (in many respects) game: Disable the ToA DLC!!! It may sound preposterous but come to think of it.
1. Things were going rather smoothly before it appeared.
2. It's definitely not the "Pirate DLC" people were hoping for.
3. Boardable SCA Destroyers become a scarsity to behold!!!
4. You might miss the L scavenger (already forgotten it's name) but you don't have to worry about VIG, Astrids, protectyon etc anymore.
5. You might miss the Erlking but there are abundant Asgards to board with 10% of the fuss.
6. Make your saves smaller and faster.
7. Make room for the, much awaited - let's see how it turns out, Boron DLC.
8. Any DLC, the Boron included, is "autonomous". It does not need other DLC's to run.
9. Let Greta Thornberg study her lessons!!! Ship wrecks will either be carried away by the Teladi scrapers or just vanish after some time...

As25
x4

Post by As25 » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 17:35

I mean... I would say that not doing this particularly plot is better than outright uninstalling the dlc. The only thing you miss by not doing this one plot is the Astrid and a bp to storage protectyon. Both of which you will miss out anyway if you uninstall. Also, if you pay the 15 mill, VIG rep gets locked at -20 until you blow up the station. Meaning they will not attack any stations of your own and not even your civilian ships.

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Sat, 4. Feb 23, 18:54

True, Astrid is the only real loss since Erlking is available in custom game start. Pretty much everything else can be achieved by not going to those sectors.

thomasbkdk
x4

Post by thomasbkdk » Sun, 5. Feb 23, 21:02

euclid wrote:
For example, to gain reputation I got a script that spawns Xenon which I kite near a station and then shoot them. Do that a few time and you get promoted
How to get/use that?
AMD 3700X|GSKILL 2x16GB 3600C17|MSI X570 UNIFY|MSI RX 6800|SAMSUNG NVME 990 PRO|RAZER TARTARUS PRO|AOC AGON AG273QX 2560x1440@165|STREAM DECK XL+PEDAL|CORSAIR K95 PLATINUM RGB

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 6. Feb 23, 13:56

thomasbkdk wrote:
Sun, 5. Feb 23, 21:02
euclid wrote:
For example, to gain reputation I got a script that spawns Xenon which I kite near a station and then shoot them. Do that a few time and you get promoted
How to get/use that?
Please check your PM; I don't want to go OT here ;-)

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X4: Foundations”