Will Boron DLC story require non-hostile relations with any faction?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Falcrack
x4

Will Boron DLC story require non-hostile relations with any faction?

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 01:19

I am at a point in the Paranid plot where I am about to set Duke's Tempest on a rampage against both HOP and PAR, and I was going to set my relationship as hostile to both. I consider it logical to do so, since they would discover that I was the one responsible for unleashing this division upon them. But, I want to know if by doing so, it will make any of the Boron plots impossible to complete. Without revealing spoilers, could someone at Egosoft let me know whether going hostile to the Paranid, or any other faction, would make completing the Boron plot impossible or at least incredibly difficult?

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Will Boron DLC story require non-hostile relations with any faction?

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 01:42

If there is a faction required for the storyline I would hope that enabling the DLC would give some sort of ability to recover the reputation required with the faction.

That said, you can always recover reputation with those factions quite quickly by blowing up the appropriate enemy ships near their stations. 30 such ships should take you from -30 to neutral quite quickly. The only factions that recovering reputation can be difficult for are ALI, HAT and MIN as their stations or enemies are few and far between.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 09:32

According to the inital announcement of the DLC, it will take a combined effort to discover and open the gates connected to the Boron. It does not say which factions will take part, but most probably it will be all or some of the "Commonwealth" ones. Besides this goes with the fact that DLCs can be played alone without others needed. Why don't you just stay neutral withe everybody and enjoy the profit$$$ any conflict brings your way? (original Teladi question).

EDIT: Terrans have some juicy Asgards to board and/or plunder...

xant
x4

Post by xant » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 09:39

Spoilers ahead, data taken from the files. It's probably accurate, but as always, beta is beta and not the release version. So take it with a grain of salt or two.
Spoiler
Show
The plot starts with ALI, so they're probably needed to access the Boron sectors

Further spoilers ahead
Spoiler
Show
I mean it, spoilers
Spoiler
Show
The last parts of the Boron questline requires you to help building diplomatic relations with existing factions. Those missions are with HAT (deliver ships mission), PAR (rescue ship from ambush), TER (deliver something), RIP (deliver water), TEL (build small station)

apm0SPE
x4

Post by apm0SPE » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 16:50

xant wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 09:39
Spoilers ahead, data taken from the files. It's probably accurate, but as always, beta is beta and not the release version. So take it with a grain of salt or two.
Spoiler
Show
The plot starts with ALI, so they're probably needed to access the Boron sectors

Further spoilers ahead
Spoiler
Show
I mean it, spoilers
Spoiler
Show
The last parts of the Boron questline requires you to help building diplomatic relations with existing factions. Those missions are with HAT (deliver ships mission), PAR (rescue ship from ambush), TER (deliver something), RIP (deliver water), TEL (build small station)
Is this already in the 6.0 BETA? Thought ego stated that the other DLCs such as CoH and ToA, are not compulsory. So it seems that the split, TER, yaki ,VOG and RIP might be not related.

Deliver water though VIG space is interesting ieda. Thanks fully that the M ship could be stored in an asgard or raptor :wink:

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 16:55

apm0SPE wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 16:50
xant wrote:
Spoiler
Show

Further spoilers ahead
Spoiler
Show
I mean it, spoilers
Spoiler
Show
Is this already in the 6.0 BETA? Thought ego stated that the other DLCs such as CoH and ToA, are not compulsory. So it seems that the split, TER, yaki ,VOG and RIP might be not related.

Deliver water though VIG space is interesting ieda. Thanks fully that the M ship could be stored in an asgard or raptor :wink:
They could just cut out the other options. Or it's like pick 2 or something.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 19:13

Raptor34 wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 16:55
They could just cut out the other options. Or it's like pick 2 or something.
If this goes into the game, probably the player will not be asked to provide a non existent faction... Just like with Split gamestart "Spear of the Patriarch" that the player starts with ARG at -21, if you get the Hatikvah mission without fixing that rep they'll send you to a TEL station in Bright Profit to deliver the Medical Supplies with the Callisto...

EDIT: Lucky me... I disabled CoH and ToA, due to their especially ugly assymetric ships (goes for both) and to have the Xenon restored to their glory (CoH) plus lots of SCA destroyers to capture (ToA)...

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Thu, 2. Feb 23, 19:41

xant wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Does it have to be PAR or TRI is also fine?

xant
x4

Post by xant » Fri, 3. Feb 23, 00:37

flywlyx wrote:
Thu, 2. Feb 23, 19:41
Does it have to be PAR or TRI is also fine?
Spoiler
Show
The quest itself mentions that two envoys were sent to the Paranids, one to HOP and one to PAR. But there's the alternative version, it only speaks of one envoy from TRI. So yes, TRI is fine and doesn't change anything.

Return to “X4: Foundations”