Argon Vs. Xenon Large-Scale Defence Construction (Max 5m reward) cost of station 150m+

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Miravlix
x4

Argon Vs. Xenon Large-Scale Defence Construction (Max 5m reward) cost of station 150m+

Post by Miravlix » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 22:56

Build Military Base
Reward: Station value + 50% (max 4,904,000 Cr)

Plot: 4 x 3 x 2 km (was 18K)
10 x Turrets
2 x Docks
10 x Shield
Capacity for Ship Production: 1 x S
Container storage capacity: 40000

Stotage + Bridge is the turrets and shields covered.
I only had 2 small luxury docks unlocked.

What kills me is that I have to pay 133 million for the S/M ship production module and when I add it to the station it ends up costing 21 million. Worst mission ever or did I miss some trick?

Getting paid 5 million when it cost me 150m+ to build seems a bit unfair?

Edit: Woops 13m for constructing the station. I've must have read my company bank account instead of the construction budget. The S/M ship production module is close to 12 million on it's own.
Last edited by Miravlix on Tue, 31. Jan 23, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

chew-ie
x4

Re: Argon Vs. Xenon Large-Scale Defence Construction (Max 5m reward) cost of station 150m+

Post by chew-ie » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 23:01

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Nulric
x4

Re: Argon Vs. Xenon Large-Scale Defence Construction (Max 5m reward) cost of station 150m+

Post by Nulric » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 23:24

I could absolutely be wrong here, but I genuinely do think that the payout calculation is bugged. I really think that, similar to fleet assembly missions (which don't have the cap portion), it's supposed to be the station's total value (any amount), plus 50%(capped at whatever amount, say 4 million). Instead, it's only paying out the cap number, in my hypothetical example the measly 4 million.

As Chew-ie pointed out there's a Reddit thread going, and there's a bug thread about this in the beta forum, and it's been given a ticket number, so Egosoft is looking at some portion at least of the this whole thing. Although, the bug report was originally about the mission asking for S ship construction abilities (not S/M fabs, mind you).

Anyways. My two cents is all.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 00:13

I think the bug is the requirement for the 1 x S production module. There is no way you have a functional wharf with a tiny cargo capacity like that. The materials for the S/M build module alone are worth about 11 million credits, not counting the cost of the blueprint. But making your own wharf can quickly earn back any money lost on that mission.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 01:59

Looks like it is a beta bug issue? If so, try to keep reports and feedback to that section. It also appears the issue has a tracking number in the beta forum so the developers are aware of it.

Blueprint costs are not considered by those missions since the same blueprints can be used to do the missions repeatedly and so potentially pay themselves off over time. As such the total cost of the station is not "150m+" but rather ~15M. In this case a maximum pay back of 25M to 30M would be more appropriate.

Even still station build missions are quite bad for making money. A fleet delivery of 3 destroyers for TER or ARG can net you 200M+ of reward in a fraction of the time a typical 4M station construction mission takes.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 22:06

The linked threads show request for S and L build with same old 40'000 m³ of storage.
How much storage is needed for materials of minimally equipped Rattlesnake?

The infeasibility* is obviously not our problem. We can do charity too, if we please.

*I've seen on the (up to 5.10) Assemble Fleet mission with fixed loadout and reward
how the Frigates head for Equipment Dock right after mission completes, because
their mission-requested loadout of consumables is not what they want to carry around.
They really should have a talk with the official, who sends the specs to us. :rant:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 1. Feb 23, 22:24

This thread started with discussion of beta play in which new bugs are anticipated to crop up and no doubt will lead to further changes before 6.00 release. Please be aware of this when reading and commenting.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”