Ability to color ships in build menu and save in loadout presets

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Caedes91
x4

Ability to color ships in build menu and save in loadout presets

Post by Caedes91 » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 20:56

Please give the player the ability to set color the ships directly in the shipbuilding menu. Remove the paintjob consumables. Applying to ships one by one through multiple clicks is just stupid. I don't care for the joke paintjobs, but even simple colors like light grey and white are locked behind now unaccessible online features.

I don't want farm to +27 rep, just to use the AI factions colors, only to override all ships with them unless I click every ship to not change the current skin. Then select each ship one by one again to keep the next skin, only to repeat it all again!

Having to earn them from Ventures was bad in the first place. But you even just removed them completely for 2 years now...without alternative. And giving back access to previous online inventory doens't help anyone who started a game after 4.0.

How can it be, that something so simple like coloring your ships is still not possible? I seriously hope you do not plan to monetize skins in the future.
You and your workers can teleport living beings precisely to the millimeter througout the galaxy, build state of the art warships and space citadels, but nobody is able to take a can of spraypaint to color a ship?

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Ability to color ships in build menu and save in loadout presets

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 30. Jan 23, 22:09

Might be good to have a 'Redesign Fleet' option on the right-click menu for fleet command ships, which can configure the paint for an entire fleet. If new ships are added to the fleet later they should be automatically given that paint when the join the fleet (unless they've been specifically prohibited from changing their paint).

Reckon it would also be convenient to add an extra section to the paint selection screen which lists all default paints which are available, to save having to jump between Empire Overview & paint screen whenever I want to change the default. Often prefer the basic default paint schemes to the more flashy stuff, so not unusual find myself jumping between these screens numerous times when setting up a new ship, trying to decide which of the defaults I prefer for that specific ship.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 03:06

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Mon, 30. Jan 23, 22:09
Might be good to have a 'Redesign Fleet' option on the right-click menu for fleet command ships, which can configure the paint for an entire fleet. If new ships are added to the fleet later they should be automatically given that paint when the join the fleet (unless they've been specifically prohibited from changing their paint).

Reckon it would also be convenient to add an extra section to the paint selection screen which lists all default paints which are available, to save having to jump between Empire Overview & paint screen whenever I want to change the default. Often prefer the basic default paint schemes to the more flashy stuff, so not unusual find myself jumping between these screens numerous times when setting up a new ship, trying to decide which of the defaults I prefer for that specific ship.
This would go well with the new ability to have a faction logo per fleet, just add paint into the same area. The only issue I see is for limited paints.

Manawydn
x4

Post by Manawydn » Tue, 31. Jan 23, 05:44

Eyeklops wrote:
Tue, 31. Jan 23, 03:06
GCU Grey Area wrote:
Mon, 30. Jan 23, 22:09

This would go well with the new ability to have a faction logo per fleet, just add paint into the same area. The only issue I see is for limited paints.
There shouldn't be "limited" paints and therefore no issue either. It should be an unlockable thing where once it's unlocked, it can be applied indefinitely.

Return to “X4: Foundations”