Travel restrictions builder ship - Improvement coming.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Virtualaughing
x4

Travel restrictions builder ship - Improvement coming.

Post by Virtualaughing » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 06:26

Hi
Holy Vision is off limit as the default travel rule.
Full 5 star Heracles Vanguard.
Cardinal Redress sector.
Find Build Tasks.
First hing it does to fly to Holy Vision.

Sector travel blacklist set to default. Holy Vision off limit. Rest of the ships doing just fine.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Travel restrictions builder ship

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 27. Jan 23, 13:43

Just a thought, but just in case building counts as that ship's trade, does setting a trading restriction for that sector solve the issue for it?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 14. Feb 23, 06:34

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 27. Jan 23, 13:43
Just a thought, but just in case building counts as that ship's trade, does setting a trading restriction for that sector solve the issue for it?
How can it "trade" if it can not go there? Anyway. Since then I have not seen it leave Cardinal-Lasting space
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 14. Feb 23, 19:13

Well, you gave it an impossible task. Holy Vision is the only route to Cardinal's Redress. Either the captain disobeys orders by flying through Holy Vision, or he disobeys orders by not flying through Holy Vision. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Wed, 15. Feb 23, 14:01

Pretty sure a direct order will cause the blacklist to be ignored. The question then becomes, what constitutes a direct order?

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Wed, 15. Feb 23, 15:36

Travel blacklist only determines how to get from A to B, not if tasks in A or be are allowed, for that you will need activity blacklists or trade restrictions.

Furthermore, the travel blacklist is only applied if there is at least one allowed path to the destination.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 08:15

Nanook wrote:
Tue, 14. Feb 23, 19:13
Well, you gave it an impossible task. Holy Vision is the only route to Cardinal's Redress. Either the captain disobeys orders by flying through Holy Vision, or he disobeys orders by not flying through Holy Vision. :P
Find build task has no place just arbitary.
Cardinal Redress ship got an order find build task. Holy vision is forbidden why you say it has to fly trough of it?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 08:41

Virtualaughing wrote:
Tue, 21. Mar 23, 08:15
Find build task has no place just arbitary.
Cardinal Redress ship got an order find build task. Holy vision is forbidden why you say it has to fly trough of it?
Find build task is no different than an autotrader finding buyers or sellers. So as TheDeliveryMan said above, you'd need to also institute an activity blacklist to keep it from going to a forbidden sector for 'trade' opportunities. It's possible your builder saw a build task in Holy Vision and decided to take it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

j.harshaw
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by j.harshaw » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 12:04

Looks like we missed implementing blacklists for the builder ship behavior. Fixed. Thanks for mentioning it here.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 12:19

j.harshaw wrote:
Tue, 21. Mar 23, 12:04
Looks like we missed implementing blacklists for the builder ship behavior. Fixed. Thanks for mentioning it here.
Would it be possible to overrite that all ships assigned to trade assignment, be treated as civilian ships?
There is a peculiar case that if I assign Axuilary Ships or Tides of Avarice Barbarossa as station traders, they ignore civilian sector blacklist and die constantly.
I don't want to make combat ship blacklist for those peculiar cases.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Tue, 21. Mar 23, 15:18

j.harshaw wrote:
Tue, 21. Mar 23, 12:04
Thank You!
All my criticism out of love for the game!

Return to “X4: Foundations”