Military traders not using managers default rules - Resolved.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Baddieus
x4

Military traders not using managers default rules - Resolved.

Post by Baddieus » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 18:13

Hello, I have some Barbarossa's that are assigned to stations as traders, and those stations use my default global rules (Sector Travel & Activities) to keep out of hostile sectors.
I'm assuming because they are military vessels, then they go by military status instead of civilian status which is what the rules are set for, and thusly being ignored by the Barbarossa's.

Is there any chance you can alter behavior on military ships assigned as traders to follow the civilian rules and not attempt to deliver to a new building NPC defense station in Xenon controlled space?

Thanks,

=Baddieus=

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Traders not using managers default rules

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 20:37

I don't see the need. Just blacklist that Xenon sector specifically to all ships and the problem is solved.

The other thing is that Barbarossas can be used as armed freighters or as anti-fighter destroyers - or even both at the same time. How would the game know? I take your point that they can be assigned to stations specifically as traders and that could be the decider - but that is likely because you benefit from them rarely attracting pirate attention due to their military status, or not really caring if they do. You can't always have your cake and eat it. :D

As this is a game suggestion rather then a Tech Sp request, I'll move it over to the gameplay forum.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 20:53

Iirc I also blacklist Xenon/hostile sectors for my military ships. They ignore the blacklist anyway if you directly order them in and it'll also help prevent your military from bumbling into some random Xenon sector and dying when they are transiting.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 15. Jan 23, 21:50

I just create specific blacklists (rather than letting them use default) for stations where I've assigned military vessels to operate as freighters in particularly risky parts of the map. Can't think of any reason why that wouldn't work for Barbarossa too.

Baddieus
x4

Post by Baddieus » Mon, 16. Jan 23, 01:24

So ... I had to put the dot in the military vessels space of the global trade orders & now it's all looking like it should.

Thanks,

=Baddieus=

Return to “X4: Foundations”