Reputation lost where?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KrisR

Reputation lost where?

Post by KrisR » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 13:13

I recently getting message about lost reputation against Yaki, but no further information at all.

* Is there any way to figure out where and which ships are involved?
* Can I tell the ships which race to attack and which to ignore?

Raptor34
x4

Re: Reputation lost where?

Post by Raptor34 » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 13:43

No afaik for the former and set global orders for the latter. Under fire authorization iirc.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 14:03

On the assumption that some sort of combat with the Yaki has been going on, you could try sorting your property list by hull (one of the 3 tabs at the top of the list) and see if any of your ships are damaged and then look where they are. Lack of information in the rep loss notifications and logs has long been reported. Two of many old examples here and here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

KrisR

Post by KrisR » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 14:21

Thanks for the hint, I've set Yaki to defensive in Global order

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Tue, 10. Jan 23, 14:25

We really do need to be told when this occurs, as per my linked post. It's frustrating not to know when there's a genuine unauthorised kill, but even more frustrating when you know no such kill took place. I've had this happen within the first few minutes of the game when I've not even fired a shot. Without the game telling us where it thinks such an incident occurred, we cannot track down that issue either.

I get regular legitimate messages about this vs. the Yaki in my current game, as they chose to be my enemy, so they get shot at. Don't really think that should be "unauthorised" because they authorised it by choosing to be hostile. There are also the bugged "unauthorised kill" messages where it's actually a fully-valid target that's been destroyed. A bug with disguised (even after being revealed) Pirate ships sometimes causes this error when in space belonging to a Faction that also hates the pirates. Then there's the totally random, but thankfully rare, "unauthorised kill" where it's NOT the player or the player's assets involved at all. If only the game had that little arrow to click to take us to the scene of the (supposed) crime...

Referring to my earlier remark. I've been sat in space, in a fresh start, watching a fight break out. Without taking any action, just sat there watching, I've had both "attack against this station" as well as "unauthorised kill" messages when it cannot possibly be me. One ship, just me, not even fired once yet. No way to trace what the game (incorrectly) thought happened.

It would be great if this were one of the expected many improvements in v6.0. Just the "where" would help with the other issues potentially.

m.lawes
x4

Post by m.lawes » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 19:15

Scoob wrote:
Tue, 10. Jan 23, 14:25
We really do need to be told when this occurs, as per my linked post. It's frustrating not to know when there's a genuine unauthorised kill, but even more frustrating when you know no such kill took place. I've had this happen within the first few minutes of the game when I've not even fired a shot. Without the game telling us where it thinks such an incident occurred, we cannot track down that issue either.

I get regular legitimate messages about this vs. the Yaki in my current game, as they chose to be my enemy, so they get shot at. Don't really think that should be "unauthorised" because they authorised it by choosing to be hostile. There are also the bugged "unauthorised kill" messages where it's actually a fully-valid target that's been destroyed. A bug with disguised (even after being revealed) Pirate ships sometimes causes this error when in space belonging to a Faction that also hates the pirates. Then there's the totally random, but thankfully rare, "unauthorised kill" where it's NOT the player or the player's assets involved at all. If only the game had that little arrow to click to take us to the scene of the (supposed) crime...

Referring to my earlier remark. I've been sat in space, in a fresh start, watching a fight break out. Without taking any action, just sat there watching, I've had both "attack against this station" as well as "unauthorised kill" messages when it cannot possibly be me. One ship, just me, not even fired once yet. No way to trace what the game (incorrectly) thought happened.

It would be great if this were one of the expected many improvements in v6.0. Just the "where" would help with the other issues potentially.
I have the same problem, but loosing rep with Ministry of Finance and Zyarth Patriarchy. . It 'seems' that I am loosing rep for no reason, but, maybe, there is a valid reason that is unknown to me? I have no idea which, if any, of my ships is supposed to be making an 'unauthorised kill'. However, with around 100-200 ships and 12 stations spanning most of the universe, I find it impossible to trace the offending ship(s) - I have tried for long boring hours over several days, with and without the latest beta 6.4 update, to try to catch the 'kill'. I now think it best to stop playing X4 until/unless I can think of, or I am advised of, a way forward is found.. Someone help please? I am reluctant to stop playing this otherwise excellent game in favour of my other time-sink -x-plane :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 26. Feb 23, 22:53

I have lost rep with MIN in the past after destroying a confirmed Pirate that'd attacked my shipping. Now, we know that the Teladi at least tolerate Pirates in their space and generally the player isn't punished for defending themselves against them. However, every so often I still get a rep loss when defending against Pirates in Teladi space. I assume it's a bug, as this is not consistent behaviour.

The second issue is definitely a bug, when the player suddenly gets rep loss for no valid reason. This may be hard to track in a LARGE player empire, with loads of assets flying around. However, when you have just a small number of ships, it can be a trivial matter to check them all and confirm NONE have been engaged in any hostilities.

As mentioned, I've had rep loss following an "Attack against this station" and "criminal record has been updated" comms sequence despite having JUST started a fresh game and not fired a shot yet. If these situations were logged, we'd at least be able to tell - and demonstrate in a bug report - that something had gone wrong.

Note: I've spent a little time testing the new v6.0 Beta and I've not experienced this issue, so do not know if enhanced logging is present.

Timerus
x4

Post by Timerus » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 13:30

Still happens in Beta 4 sadly. As stated in my bug report my guess is, the random reputation loss happens when automated ships defend versus pirate laser towers / drones. When manually fighting pirates and attacking there drones or turrets they still report it as an attack against a station, but the Ministry just answers with "negative" and no reputation loss occurs.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 15:42

THIS is most annoying,

i lost my terran rep from +20 to +12 in a matter of minutes, then from +12 to +3 , and i have no idea whats going on.

this must be taken care of, its really nasty....

if pirates ships are the culprit, they need to disable the pirate factions using main faction masking, or make sure that after certain REP, it gets disable.
X gamer , one at a time.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 15:43

Timerus wrote:
Fri, 3. Mar 23, 13:30
Still happens in Beta 4 sadly. As stated in my bug report my guess is, the random reputation loss happens when automated ships defend versus pirate laser towers / drones. When manually fighting pirates and attacking there drones or turrets they still report it as an attack against a station, but the Ministry just answers with "negative" and no reputation loss occurs.
it happens with terrans, and segaris, and Antigone, (in my universe)

they need to disable pirate factions masking themselves. to lessen the issue, (i am not ev en sure if that is what is triggering the loss of rep)
X gamer , one at a time.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 3. Mar 23, 22:38

My guess, and it's only that, is that your ship was originally engaged by an exposed pirate, who then retreated and reflagged itself as another faction. However, your ship still sees it as its attacker and attempts to destroy it in its new identity. The local faction will interpret that as your ship attacking a 'friendly', with consequent rep loss. The fix for that would be the pirate unable to reflag once exposed, at least until it leaves the area. The whole pirate reflagging mechanic needs some work, IMO.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Sat, 4. Mar 23, 18:12

Whats your yaki rep before the the rep loss? Laser towers killing them?

m.lawes
x4

Post by m.lawes » Mon, 6. Mar 23, 19:51

After loosing rep with MIN following "Attack against this station" and "criminal record has been updated" comms, I removed all my ships from Eighteen Billion and Profit Centre Alpha, where MIN have stations, and banned them from entering these Sectors. This seemed to cure the problem and I got no more Rep losses for several hours of gameplay (20+ hours?). SO:

I decided to try to recover my Rep with MIN by hanging around the MIN Teladi Wharf and shooting criminals. All went well for a while and my Rep increased nicely and MIN turned blue. But then a 'red' police fighter (Cannot remember if it was a MIN, TEL or ZYA ) started taunting me. Instead of shooting at him I tried to scan him, which I succeeded in doing after some time. On scanning him, He turned into a blue police fighter (either TEL or MIN?).

All was now well with the universe and I eventually let my ships back into Eighteen Billion and Profit Centre Alpha. But:

After a while and, by chance just two minutes after a savegame, I again got the "Attack against this station" and "criminal record has been updated" comm. So, I was able to keep reloading my savegame until I finally tracked the issue to one of my miners being attacked by a ZYA police fighter in EIghteen Billion, not far from my station. Knowing this, I reloaded the savegame and immediately instructed my miner to dock at my station. For several reloads, the ZYA fighter caught up with my miner, attacked it and I got Rep loss for supposedly attacking their station. Fortunately, on the last reload, I was lucky and my miner escaped to my station unscathed. Now the fun part: the ZYA fighter hung around my station (waiting for the miner to undock?) while my station kept shooting at him. Eventually the ZYA fighter was destroyed and all was well with the world again - for now!

This unjust "Attack against this station, criminal record has been updated" issue really must be resolved soon because it certainly detracts from enjoyment of an, otherwise, excellent game. I don't want to spend the rest of my life tediously scanning the map or hoping to catch the next culprit just after a savegame so that I can wind back time to change the future. I guess the alternative is to accept the rep loss and simply reduce the size of the universe by making Eighteen Billion (or, possibly, the whole of Telade space) a no-go area.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Tue, 28. Mar 23, 11:50

Strange, mostly these calls are rejected, just now the first time i got actually rep loss. With MIN, but i am not sure what happened, will keep an eye on it. I surely have many recreational goods deliveries going in these parts, part have no logs of any regular police controls, just the occasional piracy attempt. But i use only S freighters for these jobs, so there isnt any combat from my side anyways...
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Sturmer

Post by Sturmer » Thu, 30. Mar 23, 04:23

It's a 5 years old issue, we've been asking for better logs and notifications for literally years, Egosoft has done absolutely nothing in this regard. Stopped waiting for something to be done a long time ago; i warmly suggest you give up too.

The problems are always MIN or Yaki. Check out your defence platforms if they are the ones shooting, change your fire authorization to defensive and, if you own sectors and police units, clear the contraband list.

Xkuka
x4

Post by Xkuka » Thu, 6. Apr 23, 14:43

Sturmer wrote:
Thu, 30. Mar 23, 04:23
It's a 5 years old issue, we've been asking for better logs and notifications for literally years, Egosoft has done absolutely nothing in this regard. Stopped waiting for something to be done a long time ago; i warmly suggest you give up too.

The problems are always MIN or Yaki. Check out your defence platforms if they are the ones shooting, change your fire authorization to defensive and, if you own sectors and police units, clear the contraband list.
It has nothing to do with Min or Yaki. I am in a new game, and this never popped up nor do i have traders with guns or defenses in their space. Until i capped a SCA ship, and two mins after take over the messages begun.
And its not necessary to hope for Egosoft, if i can narrow it down i'll make a patch. Would not be the first one^^
But thats some weird script bug, and i am not good with that. Good enough though to change the line once i know good enough where i have to look for.
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

Return to “X4: Foundations”