X4: Kingdom End - Egosoft reveals the Boron reunion

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Axeface
x4

Re: X4: Kingdom End - Egosoft reveals the Boron reunion

Post by Axeface » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 12:53

Petzer wrote:
Fri, 10. Mar 23, 12:21
From the trailer we can assume that left is the head yes, but omg it would look so much better if the head was on the right, almost like a vorlon ship.
Has anyone looked at the footage for turrets etc.? I think the big thing on the top is an L turret, so maybe two more on the bottom? And a set of 2 M turrets on both sides.
Yeh L turret on top and the M's you mentioned, looks like there are M turrets right at the back at the end of the limb too. Also, the main batteries I'm assuming are tucked underneath the bridge at the end of the long 'toothed' space - this I reckon means that the Ray has a fixed main weapon like the asgard rather than a gimbled one, because I dont think any weapons hidden in that crevice would be able to gimbal at all.
The shields being hidden in the dock crevice is interesting too, because before 6.0 anything hidden like that would cause a lot of AI issues - hiding them implies perhaps some improvement to AI for this, think its the first time a stock ship does this (its possible what I think are the shields actually arnt though).

Petzer
x4

Post by Petzer » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 13:17

A fixed main battery like a tiny asgard would be fitting for a shipclass named Ray. Hope we get some more screenshots soon for the ships to see more of the modules.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 17:21

Too bad average AI pilot is too dumb to point the nose of fixed weapon in a capship...ever since X-Rebirth Succellus.

Even having 5 star captain doesn't help and I can see my Asgards acting dumb and struggling to point their damn nose toward the target.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 18:25

mr.WHO wrote:
Fri, 10. Mar 23, 17:21
Too bad average AI pilot is too dumb to point the nose of fixed weapon in a capship...ever since X-Rebirth Succellus.

Even having 5 star captain doesn't help and I can see my Asgards acting dumb and struggling to point their damn nose toward the target.
Can't comment on Asgard, I don't use them (far too slow & cumbersome). However, have had very few problems in recent versions with destroyers using their main guns for station demolition. It's something I do on a frequent basis, it's one of my main income sources in the mid-late game. Here's a bunch of my Phoenixes getting rid of an Argon defence platform for HOP: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ct3hntk2b0uzi ... 1.jpg?dl=0. As you can see, no problems blowing the crap out of it with their main guns. Doubt the Ray will be any different in that regard. Although, given how weak Boron weapons have been historically, reckon I may need a somewhat bigger demolition fleet than I'd typically use with other factions' destroyers.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 10. Mar 23, 18:38

It's also not my experience that the AI is "too dumb" - the observed problem is more like "it is too slow". If for example a bunch of destroyers sit in front of their target doing "nothing" they in fact are calculating / waiting for some reason. If one activates SETA they will eventually allign & fire. Exceptions to that rule is if they can't find a firing solution for the target (e.g. due to not having a clear shot - this might also be something the player can't see (but the targeting code does)). The whole "too slow" effect is increased if the ship is less maneuverable (Asgard, Raptor ...).

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 13:43

X4: Kingdom End Soundtrack Preview (youtube)

Renowned X-series composer Alexei Zakharov has composed a beautiful and atmospheric soundtrack to accompany players on their journey into the realms of the peace-loving Boron. The official soundtrack consists of 16 original tracks, each designed to transport the listener into the captivating world of X4: Kingdom End. With Zakharov's unique style and expertise, players can expect to be fully immersed in the game's thrilling journey of discovery.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

magitsu
x4

Post by magitsu » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 13:44

14 minutes, wow! I wonder how long the full soundtrack is then.

iniochos
x4

Post by iniochos » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 15:16

Since X-btf, Kingdom End was solely unique in its way

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 15:22

Whoop!

All of them sound great but ‘Ode of the Black River’ is a stand out for me. Looking forward to hearing it in full!

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 19:15

Judging by the preview, soundtrack is shaping up to be absolutely immaculate. :boron:

Very excited to listen to the full thing when Kingdom End comes out!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 21:48

More ambient tracks from Alexei is always welcome.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 22:00

The lack of tracks that could classify as combat tracks is kinda suprising.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 22:12

Boron DLC seems to be a nice & quiet one from what we know so far. (main plot is different / not around combat like e.g. terran DLC)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]

Kemelvor
x4

Post by Kemelvor » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 14:11

The remaster of one of my favorite track ever composed by Alexei was the biggest surprise for me. Black River was such a lovely track to listen while hiking in the forest. I'm hyped to hear the full version of it once it'll release.
Overall I feel like it'll be my favorite X4 soundtrack. Can't wait !

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 14:45

I can't decide which one is my favourite soundtrack. They are all so amazing 🤩
Desolation, Provinces, Nostalgia and Black River are big contenders.

@Egosoft Need. Full score. ASAP. 😂

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 18:09

For the matter of completion, I hope we'll get at least one combat track for Boron DLC.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 19:57

mr.WHO wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 18:09
For the matter of completion, I hope we'll get at least one combat track for Boron DLC.
There are new ones arnt there? I thought I noticed a new (and awesome) combat track after I started using the beta.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sun, 26. Mar 23, 21:17

Axeface wrote:
Sun, 26. Mar 23, 19:57
There are new ones arnt there? I thought I noticed a new (and awesome) combat track after I started using the beta.
Now that you mention, I recall Tides of Avarice combat tracks were also deployed during 5.0 beta, so these are possibly Boron combat tracks.

Katorone
x4

Post by Katorone » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 00:48

Shower thought: It would be hilarious if it turns out that Boso is actually the least intellectually gifted Boron.

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Mon, 27. Mar 23, 15:37

Ode to black river is amazing, and amazingly unique
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Return to “X4: Foundations”