[QOL] More commands in chat menu with capitans.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

S!rAssassin

[QOL] More commands in chat menu with capitans.

Post by S!rAssassin » Mon, 5. Dec 22, 06:28

Will be more immersive, if player can give some commands by talk to pilot directly:
1. "Pilot, I have some order for you!" - opens map with preselected ship for give orders by mouse clicking.
2. "Pilot, wait for signal!" - interrupt current commands with wait for signal.
3. "Resume current orders" - we already have.

Maybe some more useful fast commands.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: [QOL] More commands in chat menu with capitans.

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 5. Dec 22, 13:42

kuertee's mod does some of that, and since he is now working for ego maybe they can implement some of it, probably if he pushes a little :D , I agree it would be a very good early game immersion thing
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Wargear

Post by Wargear » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 01:01

I support the OP's idea but to expand on it as well. I'd like to see more interaction with the faction and trade reps. Being able to negotiate a conflict resolution or negotiate cooperation with them would be nice. I had a sector I'd taken from ZYA that bordered Paranid sectors that had several of their factories in it already and rather than spend needed resources defending it myself being able to extend an offer for them to take it over would be a nice option.
WGI Industries [modified]

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Tue, 6. Dec 22, 07:30

Wargear wrote:
Tue, 6. Dec 22, 01:01
I'd like to see more interaction with the faction and trade reps.
No, no... Too complicated :)
I wish small thing - possibility to say: "Pilot! I have new order for you!" directly to pilot, not just by mouse click...
I wish hear from him: "Sir! Yes, Sir!". I wish to be commander! Not just clicker-man...

thegreybetween
x4

Post by thegreybetween » Wed, 7. Dec 22, 00:01

To be honest, both options would be awesome to have in the game.

NPC interaction is pretty sparse, and I fully agree with the suggestion to add more meaningful interactions with our hired NPCs. Just the ability to give NPCs the same orders we can give them in map mode, but in the form of a dialog interface, would go a long way toward improving the immersion. I know XR got a lot of negative feedback for its conversation mini-game (I'm one of the weird ones who actually liked it), but the X4 system has real potential.

I also agree that it would be nice to have some more diplomacy options with other factions, and more meaningful interactions based on our current relations, but I acknowledge that this is a request of an entirely different scope.

Return to “X4: Foundations”