WANTED: Tips for luring Plunderers in friendly sectors

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zarrazee

WANTED: Tips for luring Plunderers in friendly sectors

Post by zarrazee » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 20:13

O7 all
Boarding Plunderers in neutral sectors with no/few friendly ships, no problem.

How do you lure SCA to secluded parts of space in friendly sectors? I've tried loading my Nemesis with wares and even flew a ware laden M ship in front of their noses, but they show no interest. Do I need to use a large trading ship to lure a Plunderer to a quiet bit of space?

Cheers
Zee

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: WANTED: Tips for luring Plunderers in friendly sectors

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 20:59

It probably was not so much that your 'lure' was unattractive, but more that they already had a different NPC target (ship or station) in their sights and so it was not your turn. If they happen to cloak as a faction that you are on excellent terms with, you can actually see their orders and destination while so cloaked.

My many M traders report many harrassments from capital plunderers before *usually* escaping unscathed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

burger1
x3tc

Post by burger1 » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 21:24

Maybe try capturing a plunderer battleship and filling it with microchips, etc... and set it to update trade offers on repeat orders in a system. Or could set way points in repeat orders. Then see if other ships try to pirate it. Then teleport to the ship and capture the other ship. Might work???

Tempest
x4

Post by Tempest » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 00:24

ferrying high priced wares seems to attract unheathy attention in general.

An Incarcatura Sentinel stuffed to the brim ? (Computronic Substrate for max attraction value?)

Nopileos Fortune always seem to have Plunderer Destroyers wandering around. (6 / VI , with straigth highway heading NorthEast)
AMD 5800X|Gskill 4x8GB 3800C14 (MCLK:1800 for Coupled mode)|Gigabyte X570 Elite F37|TUF3080|Samsung NVME 980 Pro 250|ASUS PG279QE 2560x1440@144

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 00:42

Is there any additional plunderer attraction depending upon the increasing quantity or value of the cargo above a low threshold?

I know that basic staples such as mined resources, foods and energy cells do not attract piracy while medical goods will. I have been harassed by pirates many times while in M and S ships just for having one item of an intermediate or tech resource in cargo. It is true that the pirates tended to be the more common fighter types. I think it is just good or bad luck (RNG) if your ship with any appropriate cargo is picked when in range of an active plunderer that is not already committed to another action. Only a code jockey could say for sure but, frankly, I don't really want to know too much or else the mechanics can/will be game-played and exploited.

I personally wouldn't want to tempt a capital plunderer to a big, slow, vulnerable and expensive asset of mine unless it was stuffed with marines ready to go and had some effective rapid response capital-defanging team nearby. :wink:
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 10:44

I have a Syn that has exactly 1 medical supply in the cargobay. As soon as I aproach a plunderer, they ask me to drop my cargo :lol: .
Spare me to scan them in order to show their real "flag". :mrgreen:

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 2. Dec 22, 12:26

Ragnos28 wrote:
Fri, 2. Dec 22, 10:44
I have a Syn that has exactly 1 medical supply in the cargobay. As soon as I aproach a plunderer, they ask me to drop my cargo :lol: .
Spare me to scan them in order to show their real "flag". :mrgreen:
Do the same in my games. Always keep a single unit of moderately valuable cargo (often weapon components) in the hold of destroyers I fly personally. Find this particularly useful in order to lure FAF Rattlers into turret range of friendly NPC stations, to prevent them disrupting the activities of my freighters while avoiding the rep hit for attacking them myself.

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sat, 3. Dec 22, 03:48

I have few factory complex set up in Nopi VI and i always have to check for M and L ships from SCA, they will park under my ship tech factory and ask everyone to drop cargo, its always a mess of dumped cargo by the time i notice. I have a few rattlesnake in the sector i just blow them up with, also my defense platform is just below all of the gates, so if it the SCA plunderer does manage to run, it gets shot out of the sky at the gate. =D

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 3. Dec 22, 11:08

zarrazee wrote:
Thu, 1. Dec 22, 20:13
How do you lure SCA to secluded parts of space in friendly sectors?
I don't.

* Plunderers "patrol" around the sectors; they will pass "empty spot" occasionally
* At least earlier revealing their SCA nature by a scan did make them "withdraw" away from stations
* If I'm in friendly sector, then the sector defenses do not greatly mind even if I slaughter them in defence of my boarding op
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”