Been away for too long, questions now.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Danya Turrel
x4

Been away for too long, questions now.

Post by Danya Turrel » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 15:41

Is the Online Venture mode still broken? I went to the terminal and got the same message from probably two years ago that said online ventures are unavailable. Perhaps there's something I need to do to make them work again and if so, what?

The X games have always been so feature-rich its almost scary trying to get back in and figure everything out. I've also bought all of the DLC. Are there short videos somewhere that go through the features added with each update and DLC? Please tell me where to find them.

You guys are great! Thanks for the answers.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Been away for too long, questions now.

Post by CBJ » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 15:50

It's not "broken"; we switched it off while we work on "version 2" of the venture system. As it says in the latest news sticky thread at the top of the forum, we hope to have more news about that next year.

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 15:53

Danya Turrel wrote:
Thu, 1. Dec 22, 15:41
Is the Online Venture mode still broken? I went to the terminal and got the same message from probably two years ago that said online ventures are unavailable. Perhaps there's something I need to do to make them work again and if so, what?

The X games have always been so feature-rich its almost scary trying to get back in and figure everything out. I've also bought all of the DLC. Are there short videos somewhere that go through the features added with each update and DLC? Please tell me where to find them.

You guys are great! Thanks for the answers.
Venture mode isn't so much broken as it's disabled currently while the devs are working on it for a future iteration.

As for guides on the DLC's, Captain Collins is a very good X4 resource, though if you want "short" descriptive videos I'd personally go with Werit's channel for a more simplified breakdown of the actual DLC features.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Danya Turrel
x4

Post by Danya Turrel » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 19:59

CBJ wrote:
Thu, 1. Dec 22, 15:50
It's not "broken"; we switched it off while we work on "version 2" of the venture system. As it says in the latest news sticky thread at the top of the forum, we hope to have more news about that next year.
Thank you, CBJ. You've been answering my dumb questions since X2 so I really do appreciate you. :)

Danya Turrel
x4

Post by Danya Turrel » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 20:03

shovelmonkey wrote:
Thu, 1. Dec 22, 15:53

Venture mode isn't so much broken as it's disabled currently while the devs are working on it for a future iteration.

As for guides on the DLC's, Captain Collins is a very good X4 resource, though if you want "short" descriptive videos I'd personally go with Werit's channel for a more simplified breakdown of the actual DLC features.
Thanks. Venture mode has been down for quite a while, then. Unless it came up then went back down. I thought it was pretty cool as it was so whatever they do to it must be fixin' to be awesome!

Thanks for the links. I'm catching up now. I don't think I've played since 1.5. When I do it takes a lot of my time, and getting back into it has such a high entry barrier (because of the complexity). But, it's cold outside and we won't be doing much until late March.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 1. Dec 22, 20:53

" it's cold outside and we won't be doing much until late March."

I had never considered X4 gameplay as a suitable alternative to hibernation before. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”