NPC Station WAY WAY Far from Center of Map

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eyeklops
x4

Re: NPC Station WAY WAY Far from Center of Map

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 23. Nov 22, 23:20

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 23. Nov 22, 18:31
@ Buzz: That's not ~1,800 km out from the sector centre though (if you believe the 10+ minutes at 3 km/sec).
Sorry, I was off by a factor of 2. It's about 4000km away from the northern superhighway.

Update: I destroyed the station and went from +21 to -18 with TEL. Will report back later to see if the hex fixes it's self.

Update2: About 10 minutes later the hex has started to contract. It's still a long way off tho.

Update3: So apparently a spawned lock box at the halfway point is holding up the hex from contracting further. I left the sector but the box didn't despawn...sending a ship to collect it now.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 24. Nov 22, 19:51

Eyeklops wrote:
Wed, 23. Nov 22, 23:20
Update: I destroyed the station and went from +21 to -18 with TEL. Will report back later to see if the hex fixes it's self.
:oops: Was it a big (many modules) station? More than ARG Defence Platform has?

The rep scale is not linear. Same kill shows more at +21 than at +30.

Each killed module and surface element counts. If you "Asgard" a defence module without hitting the shields or turrets, then all of it "still counts as one", but if you shoot the surface elements first, then you kill much more and that shows in reputation too.

Besides, it takes less "beamtime" to hit the plain module without wasting energy on elements. :teladi:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Fri, 25. Nov 22, 06:34

jlehtone wrote:
Thu, 24. Nov 22, 19:51
Eyeklops wrote:
Wed, 23. Nov 22, 23:20
:oops: Was it a big (many modules) station? More than ARG Defence Platform has?

The rep scale is not linear. Same kill shows more at +21 than at +30.

Each killed module and surface element counts. If you "Asgard" a defence module without hitting the shields or turrets, then all of it "still counts as one", but if you shoot the surface elements first, then you kill much more and that shows in reputation too.

Besides, it takes less "beamtime" to hit the plain module without wasting energy on elements. :teladi:
What your saying makes sense. I didn't have an Asgard for this. Used two Behemoths. I can't remember if the plasma turrets took out any surface elements. The station didn't seem huge to be honest. I fully hacked the station first so we never saw return fire from it.

Final Update: After the lockbox was dealt with the hex did shrink down quite a bit but not all the way. I would estimate it shrunk to about 120% of the original size. It still looked odd so after reviewing some other metrics of the savegame I've decided to roll back to a previous save. Lost about 24 hours of work but I'm not mad. Bug report is posted so I'm moving on.

Maebius

Post by Maebius » Fri, 25. Nov 22, 11:17

The grid retracts eh? :o
I learn something new every day...
I've reloaded a handful of times when something weird like pods or drones spawned a billion KM away.

Return to “X4: Foundations”