Loot Tractor Audio

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eyeklops
x4

Loot Tractor Audio

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 16. Nov 22, 20:01

I changed the loot tractor to be a toggle. It's awesome now. I turn it on during fleet battles and just let it hoover up all the great loots the Xenon provide to me. The problem is I think it's a little loud. Please consider lowering the audio volume or something so I don't go deaf.

Much love to the devs - Eye.
Last edited by Eyeklops on Wed, 16. Nov 22, 22:02, edited 3 times in total.

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Loot Tractor Audio

Post by Buzz2005 » Wed, 16. Nov 22, 20:05

maybe remove the sound all together and have just an icon
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 16. Nov 22, 20:07

Buzz2005 wrote:
Wed, 16. Nov 22, 20:05
maybe remove the sound all together and have just an icon
Totally OK with this idea.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 16. Nov 22, 20:53

In case anyone is confused, as it is not a toggle by by default, this is how you make the loot magnet control into a toggle. (More detailed explanation)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 16. Nov 22, 21:57

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 16. Nov 22, 20:53
In case anyone is confused, as it is not a toggle by by default, this is how you make the loot magnet control into a toggle. (More detailed explanation)
Ohh darn. My bad. I totally forgot I did that earlier this year. Quit playing for a while (got a PS5 / God of War knocked on my door) and when I started playing X4 again it did an update and I thought the update changed the tractor to toggle. Really sorry. Still...can we get the volume thing looked at tho?

I edited the post to make more sense.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 16. Nov 22, 22:36

No problem and it wasn't a criticism. I think it is a great UI change to make and just wanted to make sure that others knew how to do it.

Regarding the loot magnet sound volume, we get several such requests regarding different effects (Astrid bar music on saving [yes, acknowledged as a bug], Terran pulse weapons, beam turrets, mission reminder effect, confirmation effect, etc) and in some of those threads other players complain that they can't hear them properly. :D Usually, it turns out that a lot depends on players' comparative sound channel and surround speaker settings and on which channel the troublesome effect is processed.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

S!rAssassin

Post by S!rAssassin » Thu, 17. Nov 22, 06:31

Eyeklops wrote:
Wed, 16. Nov 22, 20:01
I changed the loot tractor to be a toggle.
Same. Container magnet sound too noisy even without toggle mode. It's make sense, if active container magnet cause shields down. Else, HUD icon - sufficiently.

Return to “X4: Foundations”