No news, no feedbacks assume game is ended?.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Tyranos Strategos

Re: No news, no feedbacks assume game is ended?.

Post by Tyranos Strategos » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 02:43

|K.O.S.H. wrote:
Thu, 17. Nov 22, 08:18
As always (in the last 20 years) egosoft does a very bad job in community support and marketing.
They always upset their fanbase by not releasing any news. They will never leran this, so you have to live with it ;)

Edit:
The future will be like:
- announcement of next project with 4 screenshots
- 6 months no info
- announcement of release in decenber 2023 with 4 more screenshots
- announcement of delay for about 3 months
- release with trailer and 6 more screenshots
And this exactly shows how EGOSOFT dont talk like politics but acctually working on stuff and than when its ready ... booom new dlc out of nowhere . BTW are you playing game , or you paying for info what happenenig behind closed door. :o

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 09:20

Tyranos Strategos wrote:
Fri, 18. Nov 22, 02:43
|K.O.S.H. wrote:
As always (in the last 20 years) egosoft does a very bad job in community support and marketing.
They always upset their fanbase by not releasing any news. They will never leran this, so you have to live with it ;)

Edit:
The future will be like:
- 6 months no info
And this exactly shows how EGOSOFT dont talk like politics but acctually working on stuff and than when its ready ... booom new dlc out of nowhere . BTW are you playing game , or you paying for info what happenenig behind closed door. :o
The “when it’s ready part” is debatable given the state of the past x releases including dlcs. They definitely weren’t ready and needed lot of fixing.

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 10:15

Tyranos Strategos wrote:
Fri, 18. Nov 22, 02:43
|K.O.S.H. wrote:

Edit:
The future will be like:
- 6 months no info
I just have a different oppinion.
Most people are more happy, if they have something to look forward to.
That keeps them motivated.

And having a constant flow of information is cheap PR for a company and will keep the product in teh mids of the customers.

That how most of teh big publishers do it.
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Fri, 18. Nov 22, 12:03

I often do look this forum for info but come back with no answers.
I would be kinda nice to know what they are working on and what their goals are.
Even if its not final and still subject to change it could get the hopes up for the community.

A long time ago Noticed a post about the next x-22 patch/stand alone game but still have no idea what to expect from that.

Artean
x4

Post by Artean » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 18:00

Waltz9 wrote:
Fri, 18. Nov 22, 12:03
A long time ago Noticed a post about the next x-22 patch/stand alone game but still have no idea what to expect from that.
Speculations.

We don't need a new game - we need Borons, more neutral sectors, more pirate factions, Presidents End, more battleships and better performance!
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - D.N.A

oddgit
x4

Post by oddgit » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 18:20

Artean wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 18:00
Waltz9 wrote:
Speculations.

We don't need a new game - we need Borons, more neutral sectors, more pirate factions, Presidents End, more battleships and better performance!
I agree, and the big companies like OTAS, their ships were the best! Also i think it would be cool if after you do the Yaki plot they actually expand.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 18:42

wrote:Something like this: https://www.egosoft.com/community/news_en.php ? 😉
I see the Survey isn't available anymore. Maybe Egosoft can give us some feedback on that.

Tyranos Strategos

Post by Tyranos Strategos » Sat, 19. Nov 22, 23:43

Artean wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 18:00
Waltz9 wrote:
Speculations.

I agree Borons and more battleships

Szines Geza
x4

Post by Szines Geza » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 07:48

Phenom__64 wrote:
Thu, 17. Nov 22, 20:46

When you take a look at the X4 site on steamdb (https://steamdb.info/app/392160/history/) your feeling is right.
My favourite site!

You can predict what will happen days - weeks in advance! :wink:

I've written this a few times. And I will...
Many people are waiting for a new DLC. I'd like to bring it to their attention:

Until the game has an advanced parallel threading engine for today's CPUs, it's completely useless to make new content for it, because it will run worse and worse!

As soon as it is, they can produce content for it on a conveyor belt, like for SnowRunner!
If you have to start development again, so be it! But let's not torture each other with an ever slowing game.

I know what I am talking about. I didn't start playing the game today!

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... rbox=false

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Last edited by Alan Phipps on Sun, 20. Nov 22, 13:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unintended duplication

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 18:55

I don't see that added DLC content will make the game worse, so much as the players themselves overbuilding. X4, as well as all previous X games, allows the players to keep on building and building and build...... until their computers simply can't handle it, even the latest and greatest. Since there are no limits for the player who wants to build massive complexes and massive fleets, some players (which apparently includes you :wink: ) will always run into major slowdowns. Yes, more DLC content does slow the game a bit, but nothing compared to the massive unlimited building that players can do. The only way that a new game from Egosoft could 'fix' that is if they put limits on numbers and sizes of ships and complexes. And we all know how well that would go over. :twisted:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Matthew94
xr

Post by Matthew94 » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 19:34

If Egosoft ever releases another game or DLC, they need to get yer man to make a soundtrack like Split Vendetta. I still don't get why it was SO much better than pretty much any other X soundtrack.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Sun, 20. Nov 22, 21:38

Something is coming, and probably something after... I'm happy about that :)

Gregory
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Gregory » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 13:22

Graaf wrote:
Sat, 19. Nov 22, 18:42
I see the Survey isn't available anymore. Maybe Egosoft can give us some feedback on that.
We will post a slightly bigger news next week specifically about the player survey. In that news, we'll show some of the survey results and comment on them.
To manage expectations: This will not yet include an announcement about the next chapter of X4.
All our channels in one convenient list :arrow: https://linktr.ee/egosoft

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 13:53

I missed the survey, only started replaying X4 in October, would have given egosoft my my considered opinion if I had seen it.

But I gave feedback via the forum so I hope that is useful.
bloop

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 14:50

The new thing will take as long as it takes. I just think it kind of sucks that there are a bunch of bug fixes that are being held in limbo until whenever the new thing drops.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 15:21

Gregory wrote:
Mon, 21. Nov 22, 13:22
Graaf wrote:
We will post a slightly bigger news next week specifically about the player survey. In that news, we'll show some of the survey results and comment on them.
To manage expectations: This will not yet include an announcement about the next chapter of X4.
Your tweets aren’t promising and sound like we probably won’t get the new info, which you promised us on several occasions, this year.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 15:47

he never promised anything, he said they might and hopefully etc...

well its kinda always like this so i dont care much, would like the patch to come tho
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 16:10

rene6740 wrote:
Mon, 21. Nov 22, 15:21
Gregory wrote:
Mon, 21. Nov 22, 13:22
Graaf wrote:
Your tweets aren’t promising and sound like we probably won’t get the new info, which you promised us on several occasions, this year.
Egosoft is just trying to prevent comments like yours - but that's like Don Quichotte fighting against windmills.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Tyranos Strategos

Post by Tyranos Strategos » Mon, 21. Nov 22, 20:49

Yes ...please give EGOSOFT space to breath they are small team and they working on new stuff for game or whatever... Dont forget its X 4 its very uniqe game its need time so if you impatient learn how to do mods for x4

Return to “X4: Foundations”