Imprisoned by the Teladi!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

RegisterMe
x4

Imprisoned by the Teladi!

Post by RegisterMe » Mon, 3. Oct 22, 23:55

I hit 20 rep with the Teladi so off I popped to the trade station in IZ IV. I received my rank up and then, strangely, the rep refused to talk to me (I wanted to buy a trade license). So I reloaded the game and was able to talk to him and purchase the license, only when I went to the turbolift it was non-functional. I couldn't get back to the dock area.

Not even a ransom demand, I was offended!

Thankfully I'd already researched the first level of teleportation, and so got back to my ship that way, but...
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Imprisoned by the Teladi!

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 4. Oct 22, 03:10

You can also teleport back to your ship's pilot seat at the current station without the teleportation technology using Ctrl+D. The ship must not be in storage for this to work, although it should request it out of storage if a free dock or launch tube is available.

thijso

Post by thijso » Tue, 4. Oct 22, 07:41

I think I might have run into the same bug one time. I was checking all my own station traders for 1-star pilot seminars, so teleporting to my stations one by one. It's faster to just open the map instead of saying goodbye to the trader and have him give you his goodbye speech that you need to wait for, so that's what I was doing. However, I was normally always exitting the buy screen (either because I bought seminars if in stock, or by pressing escape if not), but I forgot it for one trader that had no stock.

On the next station no menus were working for me. I could just not interact with the items that normally you can interact with. I solved it by saving and reloading.

It felt to me like the program thought I was still in the buy screen that I left by just going to the map without a proper close, and so all the other interactions were still disabled. Not sure if that is right, but maybe I need to test that. See if I can reproduce by going to the map without exiting the buy screen...

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 4. Oct 22, 09:35

When you lose on-station item interaction, rather than going straight to reloading try F2-F1 to quickly change the view and back. That often unlocks the interaction.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 4. Oct 22, 10:43

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 4. Oct 22, 09:35
When you lose on-station item interaction, rather than going straight to reloading try F2-F1 to quickly change the view and back. That often unlocks the interaction.
Thanks, will try that if it happens again.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Return to “X4: Foundations”