Feature Request: Blueprint Visibility & Use Control

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Eyeklops
x4

Feature Request: Blueprint Visibility & Use Control

Post by Eyeklops » Mon, 3. Oct 22, 18:53

General request: Add more control over what blueprints are generally visible, are allowed for use by ship & station configuration "presets", and what ships NPC factions are allowed to order from player shipyards.

Possible ways this could be accomplished:
1. Add checkboxes on the owned blueprint menu such as:
  1. Do not use for presets
  2. Restrict NPC Faction usage
  3. Hide from menus
2. Add a "Blueprint Restrictions" section to the Global Behaviors menu where multiple blueprints can be selected with options similar to above.

Some Use Cases:
  • Using "Hide from menus" to declutter. There is no way to forget a blueprint once owned and ohh god there are some BP's I wish I never bought (I want the configuration menus to stop reminding me that I own TEL turrets lol).
  • Selecting "Do not use for presets" for beam turrets so the "High" preset for ship & station module configuration stops thinking "beam expensive...beam good". I'd be nice to select the HIGH configuration at the top level of the station editor and not end up with a station with nothing but beam turrets. Same thing for XL Travel engines, Terran Meson beams...etc.
  • Restricting resource intensive ships like the Asgards and Raptors from being built at player shipyards. To the Terrans: Yes I own a blueprint for the Asgard. No you can't empty out my shipyard building them here. Yes you can build XL support ships if you'd like. To the Split: Hear what I said to the Terrans? Yes? Build your own Raptors.

thijso

Re: Feature Request: Blueprint Visibility & Use Control

Post by thijso » Mon, 3. Oct 22, 22:55

Fully seconded!

Return to “X4: Foundations”