What is 'Terraformer Tech' research for Terraforming ?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

exogenesis
x4

What is 'Terraformer Tech' research for Terraforming ?

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 19:53

Either I forgotten, or this was added since my last X4 run-through when I did terraforming
(quite a while ago)

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Can't see a 'Terraformer Tech' item anywhere in my Research window

Caedes91
x4

Re: What is 'Terraformer Tech' research for Terraforming ?

Post by Caedes91 » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 20:45

Lore-wise, this is the reversed engineered terraforming tech/decoded data from the Xenon, who were called Terraformars, before they became the now infamous scourge.

It is not a researched via the player-HQ, but only unlocked after you completed the Segaris Pioneer mission chain. The one where you visit the remains of the Torus Aeternal station at Earth.

This tech offers alternative and more effective options to complete various terraforming sub-projects, but is not mandatory afaik.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 21:56

Thanks for that,
it definitely got added after the first terraforming revision, since I've done Atiya way back when,
& I just don't do the Torus mission (really can't stand pointless 'puzzles' in the game).
Good to know it's not mandatory :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 22:29

Computronic, Microlattices, and Carbide. Frankly, I haven't even noticed the research side, since those are not the materials I have. (I don't have much of the other types either, but those I at least don't refuse to procure.) :oops:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 23:00

Sorry ?, are you saying 'Terraformer Tech' is the Terran secondary ware materials ?

I've been using those for a long while now,
if what you're saying is right then then something 'odd' about the research requirements.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 27. Sep 22, 23:20

My bad. I don't use anything Terran (save some commandeered vessels). I bet that every terraforming task that requires Terraforming Tech also demands Terran wares. Hence, those tasks are not an option for me anyway. From my role the "puzzle" was lesser evil than talking to Terrans ...
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”