How you do prevent the AI form ordering a ship with equipment you can't produce but have the blueprint for???

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

thijso

How you do prevent the AI form ordering a ship with equipment you can't produce but have the blueprint for???

Post by thijso » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 11:32

The original issue is still a problem. I often have to cancel ship builds in my Wharf because they don't start building and hold up production. In my wares list I see the Terran wares are needed, but I don't have a means to get them at the moment (and honestly, I don't care to).

It really should be possible to set what build type is allowed in ship building facilities. It shouldn't be dependent on what blueprints are owned, that's just stupid. There needs to be a toggle (terran, regular, both, or whatever). It makes the game annoying that these small issues keep cropping up.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: How you do prevent the AI form ordering a ship with equipment you can't produce but have the blueprint for???

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 12:01

thijso wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 11:32
It really should be possible to set what build type is allowed in ship building facilities. It shouldn't be dependent on what blueprints are owned, that's just stupid. There needs to be a toggle (terran, regular, both, or whatever). It makes the game annoying that these small issues keep cropping up.
Already in the game. Can toggle between different build methods in station info: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7uu01vckxoxe ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Can also set a default for all stations in player information/global orders: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qycysd33bkhwy ... 1.jpg?dl=0

By the way, generally preferable to start a new topic rather than resurrecting an old one which may contain obsolete info. <Now split out. AP>

grapedog
x4

Re: How you do prevent the AI form ordering a ship with equipment you can't produce but have the blueprint for???

Post by grapedog » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 12:03

TER will only ever order TER ships with TER equipment. If you don't want to build those ships because you don't have the parts needed, just restrict TER and PIO from ordering ships at your shipyard.

thijso

Post by thijso » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 16:37

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 12:01
Already in the game. Can toggle between different build methods in station info: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7uu01vckxoxe ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Can also set a default for all stations in player information/global orders: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qycysd33bkhwy ... 1.jpg?dl=0
As far as I can tell this only says how stations are built, it says nothing about ships and/or equipment. I have it set to Universal, but for stations, for example, now that I have blueprints for TER turrets and shields, the default loadouts select those. Which is extremely annoying, and isn't what I said. I said Universal.

thijso

Post by thijso » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 16:38

grapedog wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 12:03
TER will only ever order TER ships with TER equipment. If you don't want to build those ships because you don't have the parts needed, just restrict TER and PIO from ordering ships at your shipyard.
Hhm, okay, I'll try to set that, see if it makes a difference for the ship building.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 17:20

thijso wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 16:37
As far as I can tell this only says how stations are built, it says nothing about ships and/or equipment. I have it set to Universal, but for stations, for example, now that I have blueprints for TER turrets and shields, the default loadouts select those. Which is extremely annoying, and isn't what I said. I said Universal.
Preferred build method setting does affect shipbuilding for those elements which have multiple build methods, such as thrusters, missiles, drones & other consumables. However it only controls build method, don't think it has anything to do with configuring loadouts. Those still need to be selected by the player.

Duncaroos
x4

Post by Duncaroos » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 22:03

It would be nice in the Logical Structure to select the ship building module and enable/disable ship build options (multiple choice):

- Commonwealth
- Terran
- Closed Loop (can only be enabled by itself)
Playing X4+All_DLC 6.20 Build - on:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X; RAM: 4x8GB DDR4 3200MHz; GPU: GTX 1070 8GB, Driver v516.94, DirectX 12.0; OS: Win10 Home 22H2 (19045.3086); Monitor: Single Acer S232HL 1920x1080

Duncaroo's Station Storage Estimator

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Mon, 26. Sep 22, 21:27

For your case there is though. It's called restricting Terrans from buying ships from you.

Return to “X4: Foundations”