[Idea] X4 New expansion - Corporations

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

What do you think of the Expansion idea?

Outstanding, get this in already!
43%
A few things I would change - but pretty good
13%
Neutral
17%
Alot to change - would take a bit away from the X4 universe
20%
Sorry no - would take too much away from canon game play
7%

Total votes: 30

Radamanthe Nemes
x4

Re: [Idea] X4 New expansion - Corporations

Post by Radamanthe Nemes » Thu, 23. Mar 23, 21:37

Smart_Bomb wrote:
Thu, 23. Mar 23, 15:45
One easy example is with Stellaris genre they are constantly pushing out new races and new mechanics DLC that all work really well with each other adding more and more depth to the game.
My main concern with Stellaris is the complete lack of logistics. Having a global pool for all resources - let's say food - is a joke: no matter a colony can't produce for itself and is completely cut from the rest of your empire by enemy systems on the route, as long as the global pool is positive, it won't starve, even if its local pool is far in the negative (to those who wonder: the local pools of all colonies are simply added to form the global pool which everyone can use instantly). The joke goes even higher when you realize that the immaterial stuff that should not need logistics (aka. credits/energy) can be in fact improved with... a dedicated abstract logistic mechanic with trading routes lines between systems! Laughable. Paradox is not serious at all about that.

On the other side, diplomacy has become a notable thing in this game and probably deserves consideration.

Oh, and good work on your post. Where did you find illustrations? Made them yourself?

Smart_Bomb
x4

Re: [Idea] X4 New expansion - Corporations

Post by Smart_Bomb » Fri, 24. Mar 23, 16:26

I agree with you, as a strategy game it does take some liberties and cut of from the rest of the empire they should have a massive decline without access to those resources; but semantics in comparison to X4 that is meant to be a living, breathing universe.

As far as the pics, no I'm not that talented. I searched for images that I felt best fit each chapter so make it more ascetically pleasing for the 2000+ viewers it has received thus far. (yay picture books!)

When you perform any action in the X4 universe you're met with reputation gain or decline, I'm simply trying to introduce a system where you can still influence your universe with the ability of a more hands off approach to accomplish your goals while having something else in the game that you can call your own build from scratch.
Granted that's also a big part of the normal game play being poor and growing an empire, but where this deviates in instead of being the lone warrior, merchant, tradesman, policeman, miner, builder, and fleet commander; it introduces a group of people working to the same goals you've personally vetted and selected where you can decide to be apart of or move into a leadership role. The actions or inaction you decide to take will determine the effectiveness and successful of your corporation within the X4 universe.

As to the prior poster about it not being save game compatible, It was not my intention to have NPC corps already established or flourishing, rather when you start a game they all do to. Everyone starts on equal footing grassroots, thus allowing you to interact with other corps on an equal playing field. Some will rise to the top whether it be out competing your competition, better teamwork coordination between their upper ranks or officials, or under-handing,backstabbing, trickery, espionage without getting caught. The higher you rise the top, the more fierce your rival competitors become. It's like a full game within a game; X-ception :D
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

Return to “X4: Foundations”