Favourite Ship Bridge / Cockpit?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jlehtone
x4

Re: Favourite Ship Bridge / Cockpit?

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 16:27

ubuntufreakdragon wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 13:35
I dislike the CoH and ToA XL Bridges for the long path to the control console.
Indeed. Then again I fly Dragon Raider, where the path is short and straight.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 16:59

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 11:13
The assymetric Terran and ToA ships simply can not exist in RL and I totally detest.
Sounds like your combat focus is to destroy asymmetry, a worthy goal.
Last edited by Omni-Orb on Sat, 24. Sep 22, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
Credence follow stars.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 17:17

jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 16:27
Good point. When flying a Dragon Raider I also found the close proximity of the pilot's seat to the airlock a very handy feature, particularly given the frequency with which I needed to head outside with a welding laser to patch up all the holes...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 22:43

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 17:17
jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 16:27
Good point. When flying a Dragon Raider I also found the close proximity of the pilot's seat to the airlock a very handy feature, particularly given the frequency with which I needed to head outside with a welding laser to patch up all the holes...
Even though I do not use Dragon Raiders there is merit in minimising the shift time between the player and NPC pilot. That is for those of us that do like "personal" combat opposed to other players that are more "managerial" focused.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 22:46

Personally, I like Tokyo bridge the best, coz you have a nice view for hangar operations + overal style and layout of Terran bridge is nice.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 22:46

PhotonPulse wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 16:59
dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 11:13
The assymetric Terran and ToA ships simply can not exist in RL and I totally detest.
Sounds like your combat focus is to destroy asymmetry, a worthy goal.
Not really but if you examine nature and nature's "habbits" you'll notice that even when there is "optical assymetry", deep down there is symmetry invovled, eithe by mass or other factors. Best example the "reclined" palm trees in many tropical beaches because of the frequent strong winds blowing.

wrmiller
x4

Post by wrmiller » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 22:49

I spend a lot of time on my AsgardElite's bridge. I also keep the admirals corvette docked on it for local jaunts.
Alienware Aurora R10: AMD Ryzen 7 5800, 128GB DDR4 system memory, AMD RX 6800 XT 16GB, Warthog HOTAS, VKB pedals, trackIR

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 24. Sep 22, 23:06

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 24. Sep 22, 22:43
Even though I do not use Dragon Raiders there is merit in minimising the shift time between the player and NPC pilot. That is for those of us that do like "personal" combat opposed to other players that are more "managerial" focused.
True - however my abiding memory of my time flying a Dragon Raider was having to go outside to fix the damn thing after virtually every combat encounter. Things went much better after I traded it in for a Cobra, though did take a while to find a member of ZYA Colonial Police who was willing to part with one. Much sturdier ship, not bad field of view from the cockpit either: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qk5cwkgjx3lx ... 1.jpg?dl=0

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 01:52

S - Nodan, M - Nemesis, L - Phoenix, XL - not sure, I spend like zero time in XL ships... but I'd imagine the TEL version since I'm pretty sure they're similar to the L's with that big open view.

blackphoenixx

Post by blackphoenixx » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 09:15

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Cerberus yet. It has one of the best bridge designs in the game imo.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 09:48

blackphoenixx wrote:
Sun, 25. Sep 22, 09:15
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Cerberus yet. It has one of the best bridge designs in the game imo.
Been flying one recently. Interior's quite pleasant, however very much prefer ships where the cockpit's right at the front, with a largely unobstructed field of view. However one thing that is most definitely handy about the Cerberus design is that I always know if my S ship is safely stored inside it's hanger or not. I have a terrible tendency to forget to move S ships into storage when using other frigates. This is not good for the S ship when one of your favourite pastimes is divebombing Xenon capital ships with heavy torps - frigates can take the occasional hit from a Xenon L turret, S ships not so much...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 25. Sep 22, 09:50

Have to vote for Erlking bridge. Between the rustic look, nice use of elevations, good view and the powerful hum it just oozes power and prototype feelings.

Asgard Bridge would be up there if not for that impractical corridor you enter in with. This makes getting to the command chair very slow and often quite hair raising if under fire by a Destroyer I. It also means the captain takes an eternity to regain control of the ship when you are present.

Return to “X4: Foundations”